Sign in to follow this  
SteveA

O's vs Braves, rubber match

1 minute ago, Philip said:

So I’m not sure I remember correctly, but I think that I recall that Hyde Was reluctant to use Akin at all, and then said that he would only be used out of the bullpen.
I don’t know who overruled him, but I am very glad he was overruled.

Only one person could have overruled him.

I have Mets/Phillies on TV#2 with no sound.  Zach Wheeler, who recently injured his finger putting on his pants, is pitching.

This apparently caused ESPN to research goofy injuries, so who should pop up on the screen but Marty Cordova in an Orioles uniform.

Just now, SteveA said:

I have Mets/Phillies on TV#2 with no sound.  Zach Wheeler, who recently injured his finger putting on his pants, is pitching.

This apparently caused ESPN to research goofy injuries, so who should pop up on the screen but Marty Cordova in an Orioles uniform.

I can't believe Madison Bumgadner never got injured doing his rodeo events in the off-season.

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

So I’m not sure I remember correctly, but I think that I recall that Hyde Was reluctant to use Akin at all, and then said that he would only be used out of the bullpen.
I don’t know who overruled him, but I am very glad he was overruled.

We don't know that.  We just know that when he was first promoted he went several days without pitching and then only came in in a mopup situation.  There was speculation on here that Hyde "didn't want" to use him in a high leverage situations.  But that was assumption based on his usage.  I don't think there was ever a quote of Hyde's to that affect.

2 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

I can't believe Madison Bumgadner never got injured doing his rodeo events in the off-season.

You mean Mason Saunders?

• Haha 1

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

You mean Mason Saunders?

Oh, yeah.

That has to be one of the craziest stories ever.  And how long was he able to do this without  being recognized in this day of everyone being a photojournalist

4 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Oh, yeah.

That has to be one of the craziest stories ever.  And how long was he able to do this without  being recognized in this day of everyone being a photojournalist

I was shocked.  Until I read about it in the paper I was completely clueless that Mason even played baseball.

15 minutes ago, SteveA said:

We don't know that.  We just know that when he was first promoted he went several days without pitching and then only came in in a mopup situation.  There was speculation on here that Hyde "didn't want" to use him in a high leverage situations.  But that was assumption based on his usage.  I don't think there was ever a quote of Hyde's to that affect.

I think he said 1-2 things but I always take that stuff with a grain of salt.   

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

8 Ks thru 4

He’d be in team record territory if I knew he wasn’t going to be pulled after five, six tops. I wonder what the rookie record is for k’s in a game?

1 minute ago, ChuckS said:

He’d be in team record territory if I knew he wasn’t going to be pulled after five, six tops. I wonder what the rookie record is for k’s in a game?

John Parrish, Dave Ford, and Sammy Stewart all Kd a bunch in their debut games, I believe.

For any rookie?  No idea but I'll bet someone like Moose or Palmer or McNally hit double digits as a rookie.