Jump to content
Rene88

Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Christian Walker so far for Diamondbacks this 2019 ……… 68 AB 6HR   11 Rbi   .353 avg. A line from Alanis song ……… "Who would of thought ……. It figures "   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XliHH5Wc_q0

He's 28 and it's his fifth year in the league.  Including his strong start this year his career rWAR is .7.

Can't you just be happy he's doing well? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pat Connaughton is going to the East championship at a minimum and they might beat the Raptors for the honor to lose to Golden State:)

I remember reading so many personal attacks on the kid for not choosing baseball. Clearly with our history of developing prospects, he made the right decision. Good for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

Pat Connaughton is going to the East championship at a minimum and they might beat the Raptors for the honor to lose to Golden State:)

I remember reading so many personal attacks on the kid for not choosing baseball. Clearly with our history of developing prospects, he made the right decision. Good for him.

Basketball is always the right decision.  Especially if you aren't a cant miss prospect.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, atomic said:

Basketball is always the right decision.  Especially if you aren't a cant miss prospect.  

He’s been a real good bench player for them. That’s elite when you think about how few play in the NBA. Good for him. Scored 14 the other night I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Rene88 said:

He’s been a real good bench player for them. That’s elite when you think about how few play in the NBA. Good for him. Scored 14 the other night I think. 

I hope he has a long career.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Rene88 said:

He’s been a real good bench player for them. That’s elite when you think about how few play in the NBA. Good for him. Scored 14 the other night I think. 

He has improved each year and gotten more playing time each season.   He’s made $2.9 mm to date and is in line for $1.7 mm next year.   So I’d say his decision worked out well for him.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote
Quote

The Machado announcement on Feb. 19 prompted Padres ticket sales to nearly triple, according to numbers released by StubHub. Since then, the team has experienced a 44 percent increase in ticket sales from last season, representing the league's second-largest spike. The Padres' spring training games were the highest rated in Fox Sports San Diego history; the first road trip of 2019 outrated the first road trip of 2018 by 85 percent.

 

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/26582710/manny-machado-fernando-tatis-jr-rise-padres-powerhouse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2019 at 7:36 AM, Redskins Rick said:

Bmore, Ballmore, Balmer, its all the same. :) :) :)

If you are insulting Baltimore and Baltimoreans, it's "all the same."

People like to be called what their name is, not some slur of it. Imagine how insulting a person could be to you if they changed a couple of letters in your moniker. That would be the same as this intended slur was.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

If you are insulting Baltimore and Baltimoreans, it's "all the same."

People like to be called what their name is, not some slur of it. Imagine how insulting a person could be to you if they changed a couple of letters in your moniker. That would be the same as this intended slur was.

Wow, that seems a bit sensitive.   It’s a nickname.    Like Philadelphia is Philly, like New Orleans is Nawleans, like San Francisco is Frisco.   It’s not a slur.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Wow, that seems a bit sensitive.   It’s a nickname.    Like Philadelphia is Philly, like New Orleans is Nawleans, like San Francisco is Frisco.   It’s not a slur.  

I’m old enough to remember when Bawlmer was meant to be a slur, an aspersion on those uneducated people who lived in a certain city who had a football team called the “Coats” and a baseball team called the “Oh REE o’s.”  You know, those folks who had to make a hard, dirty living with their hands and the sweat of their farhead downna Point. It was particularly made fun of by those intelligent folks that had gubmint jobs down in Warshington. In this enlightened age of increased sensitivity, perhaps it is time to recognize the name Bawlmer for what it is.

Further reading encouraged at: www:Baltimorehon.com.   

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, OldNewGuy said:

I’m old enough to remember when Bawlmer was meant to be a slur, an aspersion on those uneducated people who lived in a certain city who had a football team called the “Coats” and a baseball team called the “Oh REE o’s.”  You know, those folks who had to make a hard, dirty living with their hands and the sweat of their farhead downna Point. It was particularly made fun of by those intelligent folks that had gubmint jobs down in Warshington. In this enlightened age of increased sensitivity, perhaps it is time to recognize the name Bawlmer for what it is.

Further reading encouraged at: www:Baltimorehon.com.   

 

If it weren't still meant to be a slur, outsiders wouldn't bother intentionally misspelling the name of the city. They would not gleefully spout out their fake-ass Baltimore accents, attempting to veil their elitist contempt of people less wealthy than themselves under the guise of "humor." And then defend their [removed] on Baltimoreans by saying, "Don't be so sensitive." Maybe add a "Lighten Up, Francis" clip to rub your face in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Minor League Depth Chart

2021 Prospect Power Rankings

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...