Sign in to follow this  
Rene88

Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

9 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

ojfcusngj0m51.jpg

Wieters with the 19 pitch at bat.

This actually was the lead in the AP story and most other stories  about the Cards game yesterday.  Here’s one from MLB.com.   https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mlb.com/amp/news/matt-wieters-19-pitch-at-bat.html

The record is 21 pitches seen, by Brandon Belt.    Wieters’ was the most ever with the bases loaded.   

Just now, Frobby said:

This actually was the lead in the AP story and most other stories  about the Cards game yesterday.  Here’s one from MLB.com.   https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mlb.com/amp/news/matt-wieters-19-pitch-at-bat.html

The record is 21 pitches seen, by Brandon Belt.    Wieters’ was the most ever with the bases loaded.   

See all those 88 MPH over the middle of the plate?  That is what happens when the pitcher doesn't fear you.

On 8/18/2020 at 1:40 PM, webbrick2010 said:

Uh oh, Manny hitting .200 with a .719 OPS,  .620 OPS in last 7 games, wonder where he ranks in WAR for MLB 3B, he's running away with the $$$/WAR title.

Manny the top 3rd baseman by baseball reference WAR, 5th overall among position players. 

https://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/MLB/2020-batting-leaders.shtml

• Upvote 1

Former Orioles farmhand Wynston Sawyer has his contract selected by the Yankees after they put Paxton on the IL.

He was then sent back down to the alternate site. Still...40 man roster status!

He's got a 1.000 ops and leads the NL in HR's this year. I'd say he's finally reached his ceiling after a disappointing first year in San Diego. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, half hop said:

Did the Padres get what they paid for? I say probably not.

Are some grapes sour?

I say probably.

He's an MVP candidate on a playoff team.

Also why is this in Orioles' Talk?

There’s been discussion of this in the ex-O’s thread in the Major League forum, where webbrick2010 is silently eating crow at the moment.    But that’s where it belongs.   

Happy with how Kremer is doing, anxious to see what Diaz and Pop will contribute eventually.   

10 hours ago, jabba72 said:

He's got a 1.000 ops and leads the NL in HR's this year. I'd say he's finally reached his ceiling after a disappointing first year in San Diego. 

He’s having a terrific year.   It’s kind of a shame that we’ll never know how he would have done over 162 games in 2020.    

The NL MVP race should be interesting.    

Manny: .322/.384/.619, 16 HR, 46 RBI, 2.8 rWAR

Betts: .303/.376/.597, 16 HR, 39 RBI, 3.1 rWAR

Freeman: .349/.460/.641, 11 HR, 48 RBI, 2.5 rWAR

Ozuna: .313/.402/.596, 15 HR, 47 RBI, 1.7 rWAR

Tatis: .279/.368/.574, 15 HR, 40 RBI, 2.2 rWAR

There are other guys who have a higher WAR than Ozuna and Tatis, like Conforto, Story and Yaz.    Will be a fun argument once all 60 games have been played.   

Kevin Gausman had a nice outing yesterday, 6 IP 1 H 1 ER.   On the year he’s carrying a 3.76 ERA.    Nice bounce back season for him after a very tough 2019.

• Upvote 1

On 9/20/2020 at 3:15 PM, Frobby said:

Kevin Gausman had a nice outing yesterday, 6 IP 1 H 1 ER.   On the year he’s carrying a 3.76 ERA.    Nice bounce back season for him after a very tough 2019.

And his K rate is his best ever as a starter.  11.6/9.   I thought I had read he lost velocity, but guessing he found if so or never really lost it.