Jump to content
Rene88

Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Recommended Posts

Angels are moving Bundy to the bullpen. Yikes. 
 

Also, Jose Iglesias has a sub .700 OPS (0.1 bWAR) and Alex Cobb has an ERA over 5. Gonna guess the Angels won’t be trading with us this deadline.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How are the Padres enjoying their generational talent future HOF'er (at least by the assessment of many OH posters) Manny Machado

I see he is going to miss yet another AS game.

Funny I thought most HOF'er were at least able to make it to most AS games

.259/.338/.452/.790 for a paultry 34 million 2021 salary.

10th best OPS among ML 3B

12 HR's, only 12 2B's, hard to believe he once had 51 doubles in a season, and now will struggle to hit 25

Seems to have peaked 2 years ago at age 26

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

How are the Padres enjoying their generational talent future HOF'er (at least by the assessment of many OH posters) Manny Machado

I see he is going to miss yet another AS game.

Funny I thought most HOF'er were at least able to make it to most AS games

.259/.338/.452/.790 for a paultry 34 million 2021 salary.

10th best OPS among ML 3B

12 HR's, only 12 2B's, hard to believe he once had 51 doubles in a season, and now will struggle to hit 25

Seems to have peaked 2 years ago at age 26

On pace for a 6 WAR season and he still hasn't even gotten particularly hot with the bat. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

How are the Padres enjoying their generational talent future HOF'er (at least by the assessment of many OH posters) Manny Machado

I see he is going to miss yet another AS game.

Funny I thought most HOF'er were at least able to make it to most AS games

.259/.338/.452/.790 for a paultry 34 million 2021 salary.

10th best OPS among ML 3B

12 HR's, only 12 2B's, hard to believe he once had 51 doubles in a season, and now will struggle to hit 25

Seems to have peaked 2 years ago at age 26

🤣

Pretty sure SD hates having their best team this century.

Jealousy is a poor look.  Sad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, LTO's said:

On pace for a 6 WAR season and he still hasn't even gotten particularly hot with the bat. 

Within a couple points of OPS he posted in 2019

Hasn't gotten hot with the bat since 2018

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Within a couple points of OPS he posted in 2019

Hasn't gotten hot with the bat since 2018

I don't know if you noticed this, but they changed the ball.

There is a handy little stat called OPS+, it's like OPS but it has modifiers that adjust for things like a non-juiced ball.

Machado in 2019- OPS 798, OPS+ 110

Machado in 2021- OPS 789, OPS+ 124.

 

Of course I don't think you are so stupid you don't know this.  I think you are just ignoring evidence so you can spew vitriol. 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

Hasn't gotten hot with the bat since 2018

He finished third in MVP voting last year and had a .950 OPS. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, LTO's said:

He finished third in MVP voting last year and had a .950 OPS. 

Plus going by baseball-reference.com statistics, Manny still ranks ninth in WAR among NL position players so far in 2021.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Edwin Jackson will pitch for team USA in Tokyo.  Wished Adam Jones and Matt Wieters joined him.

Wieters was cut.

Jones has not been good in Japan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Jones has not been good in Japan.

.378 OBP!! Thought it was a typo when I looked it up. Slugging under .300 though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't know if you noticed this, but they changed the ball.

There is a handy little stat called OPS+, it's like OPS but it has modifiers that adjust for things like a non-juiced ball.

Machado in 2019- OPS 798, OPS+ 110

Machado in 2021- OPS 789, OPS+ 124.

 

Of course I don't think you are so stupid you don't know this.  I think you are just ignoring evidence so you can spew vitriol. 

 

I had thought the Webbrick anti Machado diatribe would have been sooner.   He was slumping really bad a few weeks or so ago but actually had heated up somewhat recently.  
 

Machado must have kicked his puppy or something.  
 

Is a win still worth about 8M in free agent dollars?   If so, the paltry 34M this year is gonna be a bit economical, if Machado keeps going as is…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Minor League Depth Chart

2021 Prospect Power Rankings

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...