Jump to content
Rene88

Tracking Ex Oriole Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Moose Milligan said:

Julio Lugo died a day before his 46th birthday.  Heart attack, apparently.  

Saw that earlier today, but I must admit, I had completely forgotten his season with the Orioles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was never as down on Severino as most of this board is, but I still didn't expect him to get $1.9M. I figured around $1.0M.

His inability to catch pitches this year was just bizarre. Never seen anything like that and I wonder if he'll find a way to fix it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SilverRocket said:

I was never as down on Severino as most of this board is, but I still didn't expect him to get $1.9M. I figured around $1.0M.

His inability to catch pitches this year was just bizarre. Never seen anything like that and I wonder if he'll find a way to fix it.

I think it was just lack of effort.

He was on a team that clearly wasn't trying to be competitive and he mailed it in on defense.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Earlier this year, I was up late and just going down some baseball reference rabbit holes, I came across Doug Jones.  Ended up reading his SABR bio, it's pretty interesting.  Came up with the Brewers for a cup of coffee in 1982, didn't resurface to the majors until 1986 when he was 29 years old.  Basically he called the Indians and came in on his own dime for a tryout.  

https://sabr.org/bioproj/person/doug-jones/

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure what the rules are for who’s eligible for this thread, but I’m going to be very interested to see how Kevin Gausman does as a Blue Jay. 

Weams loved him; I never knew what he saw in him. 

Any chance being back in the AL East instead of the NL brings him back to his old inconsistent self? Or is his splitter really that good? 

Guess we’ll find out first hand. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, justD said:

Not sure what the rules are for who’s eligible for this thread, but I’m going to be very interested to see how Kevin Gausman does as a Blue Jay. 

Weams loved him; I never knew what he saw in him. 

Any chance being back in the AL East instead of the NL brings him back to his old inconsistent self? Or is his splitter really that good? 

Guess we’ll find out first hand. 

 

Guys that never even made the big league club are eligible.  Heck I bet if a guy got drafted and didn't sign someone would post about him.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Guys that never even made the big league club are eligible.  Heck I bet if a guy got drafted and didn't sign someone would post about him.

Went back through posts from the beginning few pages and some from 2018 and I’ve got the right place but wrong content; need to come back when he actually pitches for TOR to whine or gloat at that time…

Also saw weams wanted to trade Britton for Chen back in early 2014, even after we’d seen him dominate as a reliever in Spring Training that year. 🤦‍♀️ 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2021 Orioles Stats

2021 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...