Sign in to follow this  
Philip

9-22 The Bosox welcome the Os

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

He is a DH and part time OF. 

And those couple innings of DJ in the field each week will cause his manager to wear out the prayer beads.

30 pitches in the inning, and 3 runs. 
wow ... insight from Kevin Brown” it comes down to errors and base runners.”
except it’s overall sloppy baseball. Bad plays that aren’t called errors.

Wish this guy would go back whence he came.

1 minute ago, Beef Supreme said:

And those couple innings of DJ in the field each week will cause his manager to wear out the prayer beads.

I was being nice. 😀

1 minute ago, Beef Supreme said:

It’s pretty easy to separate the defense from the offense from the pitching. Pitching is good, everything else is lousy... and the broadcasting is awful, too.

1 minute ago, kaj21206 said:

If we're going to have young pitching, job one in the off season is acquiring players that catch the ball.  We gave them five outs.

Hope Iglesias will be healthier next year. I do wonder what Elias will do at 3rd. Ruiz is not a lock to be back. 

4 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Hope Iglesias will be healthier next year. I do wonder what Elias will do at 3rd. Ruiz is not a lock to be back. 

Agreed. Both Frobby and I were predicting good things from Ruiz prior to 2019. Despite his strong start in 2020, he looks like he has a giant sized hole in his swing and is mediocre or worse in the field.

2 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

Agreed. Both Frobby and I were predicting good things from Ruiz prior to 2019. Despite his strong start in 2020, he looks like he has a giant sized hole in his swing with the bat and mediocre or worse in the field.

I was very hopeful the way he started out this year.  He is ok on a bad team but clearly need an upgrade. 

8 minutes ago, Philip said:

It’s pretty easy to separate the defense from the offense from the pitching. Pitching is good, everything else is lousy... and the broadcasting is awful, too.

There are some good things to say about Orioles pitching this year. Means had a bumpy start but look s to be getting into a groove. I'm cool with his ERA being a run lower than his FIP every year. Cobb has been healthy, which is pretty good unto itself. Kremer has impressed in his three starts. D.L.on Tate (see what I did there) has a live arm and may prove the Britton trade more worthwhile than acquiring a negative WAR third baseman. And Akin looks truly competent as a starter so far tonight.