Philip

9-24 Bosox Finale

Come on people. Root for the good guys. Only four more, Good or bad, enjoy ‘em while we got ‘em.

Plenty of time to argue about the roster after Sunday.

Go O’s!

• Thanks 1

I'm here.   Hanser with a steal.  

Can't believe Mountcastle's ball didn't touch the wall.  It was a moon shot and when Chavis caught it his back was pretty much against the monster.  Lower that launch angle 1 degree and we'd have heard that satisfying thud of ball hitting the green monster.

• Thanks 1

o

BALTIMORE O RIOLES

Hanser Joel Alberto Pena - 2B

Jose Antonio Iglesias Aleman - DH

Ryan Mountcastle - LF

Pedro Severino De Leon  - C

Austin Charles Brian "C.B." Hays - RF 

Patrick Valaika - 1B 

Rio Ruiz - 3B

Ramon Urias - SS 

Boyce Cedric "B.C." Mullins II - CF 

Alexander Miller Cobb - RHP )) (1-5, 4.76 ERA)

BOSTOPILGRIMS

Alexander Verdugo - RF

Rafael Devers Calcano - 3B

Xander Bogaerts - SS

Julio Daniel "J.D." Martinez - DH

Christian Vazquez - C

Jackie Bradley, Jr. - CF

Robert Dalbec - 1B

Michael Chavis - LF

Christian Arroyo - 2B

Martin Perez Jimenez - LHP )) (3-4, 3.88 ERA)

https://www.mlb.com/starting-lineups

o

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Nice rally so far.   3 in, nobody out, runners on 2d and 3rd.  

Double play could be a rally killer unless Iggy can get this runner home.

o

If the Orioles win tonight, they will have salvaged a 10-game split (5 games apiece) in their 2020 season series with the Red Sox. 

o

Just now, Frobby said:

Ugh.   Great play by Chavis, who’s botched several in this series.   

1 minute ago, SteveA said:

Double play could be a rally killer unless Iggy can get this runner home.

I bet Urias didn’t tag. On one replay he looked like he was barely past the base when Chavis was already up and throwing. 

Well, good inning but could’ve been better.    To be honest, I’m not sure the catcher tagged Urías before his foot reached the plate, even though the ball was there in plenty of time.  

I’ve been on my bike listening, but not watching. I have a question: why didn’t Mullins tag up and go to third on the throw to home?

Meanwhile, I’m getting used to Kevin Brown, though I’ll never take him home to meet the ‘rents, but that color guy is awful, and I mean even awful for Baltimore.

1 minute ago, Philip said:

I’ve been on my bike listening, but not watching. I have a question: why didn’t Mullins tag up and go to third on the throw to home?

Could be a couple of things.

Assumed ball wouldn’t be caught or they would cut throw off and he would be easy out at 3rd. 

Urias had to make a mistake to me. He didn’t get back to the bag in time. 

3 minutes ago, Philip said:

Meanwhile, I’m getting used to Kevin Brown, though I’ll never take him home to meet the ‘rents, but that color guy is awful, and I mean even awful for Baltimore.

It’s Geoff Arnold and Brett Hollander tonight on radio.