Sign in to follow this  
half hop

why should I care

been a fan for 50 years...we always had a class act team...even when we sucked we still had a great announcer in Jon Miller that made the games interesting...and great players...now we got crap announcers and crap players...Austin Hays!...yeah right...Chance Cisco!....nope...Ryan Mountcastle?...yawn....Mullins?...gawd help us...and basically most of the pitchers are AAAA at best...so, why should I care about an organization that now is putrid but once was great...I need hope

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, half hop said:

Why Should I Care ???

o

Out of your brain on the 5:15.

o

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, half hop said:

been a fan for 50 years...we always had a class act team...even when we sucked we still had a great announcer in Jon Miller that made the games interesting...and great players...now we got crap announcers and crap players...Austin Hays!...yeah right...Chance Cisco!....nope...Ryan Mountcastle?...yawn....Mullins?...gawd help us...and basically most of the pitchers are AAAA at best...so, why should I care about an organization that now is putrid but once was great...I need hope

You’re right about some things, wrong about others.

watch and see if things get better. I think they will.

This is the Orioles' fourth losing season in a row.

Someone who's been a fan for 50 years undoubtedly remembers that the team went 14 seasons in a row with losing records from 1998 through 2011.

Then the next year they made the playoffs and won their first round game and all of a sudden it was a lot of fun again.

The good times will come again.  Can't guarantee it'll be next year, but they will come.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, DrungoHazewood said:

Maybe you shouldn't.

If you can't get any joy out of even the young players with some promise, then perhaps it's time to move on to something else.

o

I would love the Orioles if they were 2-160. I wouldn't be happy about it, but they are my team, for better or for worse ...... and I certainly would not be soliciting others for reasons for me to continue to care about them and root for them. I signed an emotional contract with my favorite sports teams when I was a little boy in 1971, and those contracts are lifetime pledges that are non-negotiable.

o

• Upvote 2
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

I would love the Orioles if they were 2-160. I wouldn't be happy about it, but they are my team, for better or for worse ...... and I certainly would not be soliciting others for reasons for me to continue to care about them and root for them. I signed an emotional contract with my favorite sports teams when I was a little boy in 1971, and those contracts are lifetime pledges that are non-negotiable.

o

I feel bad for those two teams that we beat. Or did we beat the same team twice? 🤔 

“A modest two win season”

6 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

I feel bad for those two teams that we beat. Or did we beat the same team twice? 🤔 

“A modest two win season”

First two games of the season.

16 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

o

9 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

I feel bad for those 2 teams that we beat. Or did we beat the same team twice ??? ) 🤔

A modest 2-win season.

o

We beat the Yankees, twice ........ do you still feel bad for them ???

o

11 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

A modest 160 game losing streak to close out the season. 

Two wins at the start gives Wildcard enough time to predict the playoffs.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, half hop said:

image.thumb.png.99c72976a5353a49839e02967da43ece.png

18 hours ago, Philip said:

You’re right about some things, wrong about others.

watch and see if things get better. I think they will.

Like the Mountcastle. He is a superstar. 

I've lived through good and bad O's baseball. While the current team isn't in the top quadrant of good for sure - here's what I liked about this year. - We won more than most people including myself thought we would win. For the most part our loses were much closer than the last few years. - Got to see some new young Orioles that could be part of an even better future. - Didn't have to see or listen to Yankee or Red Sox fans at Camden Yards.😀 - Beat the Nats , Phillies, and Braves head to head. - Am looking forward to next year and feeling good about the O's future. 

If that is Orange Kool-aide - I'm guilty!!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1