weams

And So it Ends 9/27/2020 Orioles @ Buffalo

Hey, before this game is out, I want to thank all of you regulars in here. Although I don't always make it into the chats, they're always a good time and I appreciate you guys making the Hangout your home to talk O's.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tony-OH said:

Hey, before this game is out, I want to thank all of you regulars in here. Although I don't always make it into the chats, they're always a good time and I appreciate you guys making the Hangout your home to talk O's.

Thank Tony

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

Poor Grichuk.

Brian Kenny on MLB having a ball breaking down his afternoon.  Before the wall crash, he'd already gotten to one freak play is a fluke, two is a trend levels.

OMG that Gurriel throw - complementing the baserunning exploits.

2 minutes ago, SteveA said:

One

Thank you!  I could not remember we seem to have issues with beating them the last few years.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Trying to sabotage the O's 2020 Draft position.

That and the helping Yankees angle waters down the fun a little.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• He has an .861 career OPS in the minors. .279/.340/.520/.861 https://www.mlb.com/player/chris-shaw-622046?stats=career-r-hitting-minors&year=2020 https://www.fangraphs.com/players/chris-shaw/17738/stats?position=OF
    • Save a few late-season DH plate appearances for Rutschman. I guess if Shaw puts up some really impressive numbers in Norfolk he'll be insurance in the event of injuries or a useful trade piece. 
    • Have you seen him play, or maybe watched video of Shaw? I am about 30 minutes into it, and there is a lot to like and some to not. The major league stats, no. But the 6-04 225-230 pound athletic frame and 70 power that he has shown throughout his minor league time, yes. Looks like the hands work well. His load can be late, sometimes gets the foot down late, and he gets long at times. He sometimes has a leg kick, sometimes not. Maybe get him to simplify the lower half and take some of the hand load out to simplify his timing. He looks like a pull hitter, at least in the Fangraphs spray chart in his MLB time. He moves well for a big guy, but a 40-45 runner. Arm looks like about a 50. I can see why they took him.  He has an option, whereas Nunez did not. LH power bats are not a common thing.  If they like him, they may not waive him for a while, despite the nearly 50% k rate in 82 MLB at bats. Someone else will grab him. I just watched him hit a 468 foot home run , albeit in Colorado, but it was a bomb.  https://www.mlb.com/player/chris-shaw-622046?stats=career-r-hitting-minors&year=2020 https://www.fangraphs.com/players/chris-shaw/17738/stats?position=OF
    • Hard to agree with any of this.  We aren't loaded with LH power.  We have room for him in AAA.  He has an option and if we need the 40 man spot, we can try to DFA him and pass him thru waivers.  And a .947 OPS looks pretty good to me, even in PCL.  Or are you focusing only on 72 MLB at bats in 2 cups of coffee?  This is a minor transaction that could bear fruit at little to no cost or risk.  Why get distraught over this?
    • Eshelman isn't lost yet.  He was DFA, not released.
    • I LOVE electrified, amplified acoustic guitars! There's an OLD video of a guy playing one on a bridge in NYC I think. So loud he was getting feedback, on an acoustic! But I can't remember his name or the song...   edit: looks like Sean Rowe has micro-transducers all over the top of his guitar, get the WHOLE sound.
    • Well, yes, it’s obvious that they claimed him because they wanted him. The question is why did they want him, because he’s not obviously better than the alternatives. Maybe they think they can fix him, maybe they’re going to continue to pretend Mountcastle is an outfielder? Maybe they don’t think Mancini can come back as a top baseball player even though he has come back as a convalescent? I don’t know, But, it’s November, what else are we gonna talk about?
  • Popular Contributors