Jump to content
weams

And So it Ends 9/27/2020 Orioles @ Buffalo

Recommended Posts

Just now, MurphDogg said:

Clutch hitting.

At least Arizona is up 6-0 and the Tigers are 3 outs away from a loss.

Hopefully the Red Sox picking one slot before the Orioles (if things hold) doesn't come back to haunt us.

Didn't they have a questionable first round pick this season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Didn't they have a questionable first round pick this season?

Yeah, very questionable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OrioleDog said:

Juan Soto pulled mid-game (12-4 gives cover), but perhaps trying to sit on NL batting title after 1-for-1 start.

Yeah, not a fan of that move. A 60-game season batting title is going to have an asterisk regardless, don't add to it with that kind of thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could we get a Hunter Harvey back-to-back going into the offseason so he can learn what it feels like?   Perhaps even a SV opportunity for grins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Would he be the first Brailyn to pitch in the majors?

It looks like he's the first in MLB. There was a Brailyn Duran in the Oriole' system a few years ago.

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what’s the consensus on Akin? He has a pretty good k rate, but a bit home run prone. Is he a solid starter, or just “a guy”? 
I like him and I think he’s a future piece, but what do you folks think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Philip said:

Schubert’s last words were supposedly,  “and so it ends...”

 

Philip, did you see the PBS program the other night with young (30ish) artists performing Schubert compositions? Not my usual fare. I watched because a friend's son and daughter-in-law were among the performers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Philip said:

So what’s the consensus on Akin? He has a pretty good k rate, but a bit home run prone. Is he a solid starter, or just “a guy”? 
I like him and I think he’s a future piece, but what do you folks think?

I think he is just a guy. No more than a 4th starter at best in my opinion. Definitely an asset though.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was in the bullpen by 2022 if things mostly go well with the other starter prospects. He is definitely behind Rodriguez, Hall, and Baumann. I like him less than Kremer. Probably a tossup with him, Lowther, and Zimmermann.

Everybody breaks though, so nice to have quantity along with quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sisco is at 221/368.

Yep, I continue to be annoyed that Severino had 50 percent more starts than Sisco. Sisco should be getting most of the starts against righties, in my opinion. Ultimately, neither of them is the long term answer at catcher (nor is either expected to be), so it doesn't much matter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Yep, I continue to be annoyed that Severino had 50 percent more starts than Sisco. Sisco should be getting most of the starts against righties, in my opinion. Ultimately, neither of them is the long term answer at catcher (nor is either expected to be), so it doesn't much matter.

The superior defense argument doesn't come up much anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, OrioleDog said:

Could we get a Hunter Harvey back-to-back going into the offseason so he can learn what it feels like?   Perhaps even a SV opportunity for grins.

Well if he gets a save it will have to be an 8 out save.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SteveA said:

Well if he gets a save it will have to be an 8 out save.

Hyde obviously doesn't think he can handle the pressure of closing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...