weams

And So it Ends 9/27/2020 Orioles @ Buffalo

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

Fun to watch speed. Mullins with a solid last week, hopefully he carries it into next year.

Shame Sisco wasn't on first Mullins might have run over him on his way to third.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Yep, I continue to be annoyed that Severino had 50 percent more starts than Sisco. Sisco should be getting most of the starts against righties, in my opinion. Ultimately, neither of them is the long term answer at catcher (nor is either expected to be), so it doesn't much matter.

I'd like to have seen more of Sisco, both on offense and behind the plate, because to me it's an open question whether he can be the backup catcher of the future. 

There's also the question of who is retained to start next season. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

I'd like to have seen more of Sisco, both on offense and behind the plate, because to me it's an open question whether he can be the backup catcher of the future. 

Both will be, AR won't be starting the season in Baltimore.

4 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Fun to watch speed. Mullins with a solid last week, hopefully he carries it into next year.

We've had fast guys, but in recent years they did almost all their baserunning between home and first.

3 minutes ago, spiritof66 said:

Sisco will still make the minimum, while Severino is arb-eligible. That said, I would be very surprised if they both aren't back next year.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Both will be, AR won't be starting the season in Baltimore.

i would let Severino go. Better to have Sisco and a defense-first veteran.

2 minutes ago, MurphDogg said:

Mountcastle must be shooting for that draft pick.

Yeah. Not sure what happened there. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• I don't know what to say without seeing him, but I doubt he is protected. And even if he is picked, I doubt he would stick for the entire year. That said, if he really has turned some corners, then there is room. It may be at the expense of another prospect, though. 
    • Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, but I didn’t see it. Was two weeks before this thread.  
    • And the Rays announcers are really good. Much better than the buffoons who chatter during Os games
    • This is a really gripping series. I’ve never been so engaged by two teams I don’t really care about... although I want the Rays to win, of course. The Dodgers and Nats are the evil children of the NL.
    • It is in the last 30 seconds of this 50-minute podcast, but FWIW they had the Hartford (Rockies AA) play by play guy as a guest Nevin expert, and skimming Vavra at the end he said he thought Vavra would have had a good chance to make the Yard Goats this year (i.e., do the Low-A to AA double bump in 2020). The other Nevin nuggets were August 2019 Eastern League Player of the Month, and giving the near 1B only 2019 positional context as in part being driven by having Colton Welker as a teammate.    
    • Nice to hear the tidbits on Baumler from the Instructional League.  I know folks are going to point out the nature of what is reported is overwhelmingly positive, and they are right, of course.  Still, this last draft was performed with heavy analytics and without in person or in competition video for the spring 2020 season in college and HS baseball and without in-person workouts.  IMO, the positive comments are an early vindication of our draft strategy and the two HS prospects we invested big $ in with the expectation that they were essentially second or third round talents.  The early word from various quotes from Matt Blood is that Mayo and Baumler are who we thought/hoped they were or better. 
    • I don't see him getting picked.  Do we have the space on the 40 man for him?
  • Popular Contributors