Sign in to follow this  
SteveA

Playoffs are set

Playoffs are set.   Best of 3 series with all the games at the higher seed.  

AL (Tue/Wed/Thu-if-necessary)

#1 Tampa Bay Rays vs #8 Toronto Blue Jays

#2 Oakland A's vs #7 Chicago White Sox

#3 Minnesota Twins vs #6 Houston Astros

#4 Cleveland Indians vs #5 New York Yankees (should be Cole vs Bieber in G1)

NL (Wed/Thu/Fri-if-necessary)

#1 LA Dodgers vs #8 Milwaukee Brewers

#2 Atlanta Braves vs #7 Cincinnati Reds

#3 Chicago Cubs vs #6 Miami Marlins

#4 San Diego Padres vs #5 St Louis Cardinals

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Rays and the AL Central.

Dodgers, Reds, Marlins, Padres.

Nightmare scenario for Manfred.

Shame.

I'm rooting for the Padres but I think their pitching injuries will do them in.

AL

• RAYS over Blue Jays, WHITE SOX over Athletics, TWINS over Astros, INDIANS over Yankees
  • RAYS over Indians, TWINS over White Sox
  • TWINS over Rays

NL

• DODGERS over Brewers, REDS over Braves, CUBS over Marlins, PADRES over Cubs
  • DODGERS over Padres, REDS over Cubs
  • DODGERS over Reds

World Series

• DODGERS over Twins in 6

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Are they doing home games or are they going with the two neutral sites?

Home games for the top seeds in round 1. 

Neutral sites in Houston and Dallas for the NLDS and NLCS. 

Neutral sites in LA and SD for the ALDS and ALCS. 

World Series is in Dallas. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Are they doing home games or are they going with the two neutral sites?

Home games this week.   Neutral sites for division and LCS rounds and WOrld Series.   I think the two Texas stadiums and maybe one in California?

o

The Brewers and the Astros are the first teams ever with a losing record to qualify for the post-season (they both finished at 29-31.)

The 1973 Mets had the worst record ever for a team to make it to the World Series (82-79 with 1 Rain-out.

The 2006 Cardinals had the worst record ever for a team to win the World Series (83-78 with 1 Rain-out.

o

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, OFFNY said:

o

The Brewers and the Astros are the first teams ever with a losing record to qualify for the post-season (they both finished at 29-31.)

The 1973 Mets had the worst record ever for a team to make it to the World Series (82-79 with 1 Rain-out.

The 2006 Cardinals had the worst record ever for a team to win the World Series (83-78 with 1 Rain-out.

o

George Breett and his 1981 teammates would disagree with this post.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OFFNY said:

o

o

51 minutes ago, SteveA said:

George Breett and his 1981 teammates would disagree with this post.

o

While the Royals did qualify for the 1981 post-season with an overall losing record, they did not qualify based on that losing record.

They qualified by going 30-23 in the second half of the split-season, after having gone 20-30 in the first half.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/KCR/1981.shtml

That was also the season in which the Cincinnati Reds had the best overall record in the Major Leagues in the 2 combined split-seasons ........ but did not qualify for the postseason.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CIN/1981.shtml

FOUR YEARS OF TWO ALL-STAR GAMES | Baseball History Comes Alive!

o

o

Needless to say, this is the team which I'll be rooting for in the post-season tournament ........

o

I made a bracket at MLB.com.

AL

Rays  Twins White Sox  Indians

Rays White Sox

Rays

NL

Dodgers Reds, Marlins, Padres

Dodgers Padres

Padres

WS Rays over Padres 

55 games

22 hrs

201 runs.

The Braves Reds series what I am most interested.  The Reds have Bauer and Gray 1-2 which is tough draw.  Bauer will try to pitch game 1 and 3 if it were up to him. The Braves have amazing offense so should be good matchup Reds starters vs the Braves power.  The Reds May have the worst offense to be in playoffs.