Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SteveA

Playoffs are set

Recommended Posts

o

 

2020 AMERICAN LEAGUE CHAMPIONS

******************************************

 

TAMPA BAY DEVIL R AYS

 

o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m very happy the Rays won.   Well-deserved.  Now if the Braves can pull out Game 7 I can be very happy with the WS matchup.    Though I won’t be offended if the Dodgers go, either.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd have preferred the Astros but I'm fine with the Rays.  Sure takes the wind out of the sales of the fans that think you have to spend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'd have preferred the Astros but I'm fine with the Rays.  Sure takes the wind out of the sales of the fans that think you have to spend.

Why did you want the Astros?   Do you genuinely like their team, or is it just your contrarian nature to root for a team to win that was punished for cheating and finished the season with a losing record?

I’ll say this, my happiness for the Rays is just about my liking the way their organization succeeds despite limited financial resources, not an anti-Astros thing.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would have been a bad look to have a 29-31 team in the WS.  Close call.  I don't care for the Braves but I care for the Dodgers even less.  Go Braves!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Frobby said:

Why did you want the Astros?   Do you genuinely like their team, or is it just your contrarian nature to root for a team to win that was punished for cheating and finished the season with a losing record?

I’ll say this, my happiness for the Rays is just about my liking the way their organization succeeds despite limited financial resources, not an anti-Astros thing.   

I'm that annoyed with the fans that are so deeply wounded about the Astros getting caught cheating.  It's like steroids all over again.  You cheat a little and no one cares, you get good at cheating and everyone loses their minds.

Stealing signs outside of the field of play has been going on forever, we all know this.  I'm sure we all remember the trips to the Skydome?

Right now what is probably a majority of ML pitchers break the rules of the game every appearance.  No one cares.

The Red Sox get caught multiple times and they get a video tech suspended.

I think it's ridiculous, get over it.  Teams cheat.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm that annoyed with the fans that are so deeply wounded about the Astros getting caught cheating.  It's like steroids all over again.  You cheat a little and no one cares, you get good at cheating and everyone loses their minds.

Stealing signs outside of the field of play has been going on forever, we all know this.  I'm sure we all remember the trips to the Skydome?

Right now what is probably a majority of ML pitchers break the rules of the game every appearance.  No one cares.

The Red Sox get caught multiple times and they get a video tech suspended.

I think it's ridiculous, get over it.  Teams cheat.

I figured it was something like this.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am happy for the Rays as well have always liked them.  I am also not crazy about either NL team but dislike the Dodgers more and the Braves have some former O’s so am rooting for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How can you not root for the Rays?

Hoping Atlanta wins for Nick and ODay but the Rays would be good as well.
 

I actually wouldn’t mind seeing LA win since it’s been so long and despite the money they spend, they develop a ton of their talent.  They do it a lot better than the Yankees tried to for all those years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

How can you not root for the Rays?

Hoping Atlanta wins for Nick and ODay but the Rays would be good as well.
 

I actually wouldn’t mind seeing LA win since it’s been so long and despite the money they spend, they develop a ton of their talent.  They do it a lot better than the Yankees tried to for all those years.

I don't like their owner and don't think the fanbase deserves a championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

I don't like their owner and don't think the fanbase deserves a championship.

Actually, if there is a fan base who deserves one, it’s them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Actually, if there is a fan base who deserves one, it’s them.  

The actual fans who show up and root for them deserve it.   The region as a whole really doesn’t.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

 

I don't like their owner, and I don't think that their fan-base deserves a championship.

 

o

 

I once read an article in regard to Bullets fans ........ fans who root for the team now known as the Wizards, but who were the Baltimore/Capital/Washington Bullets when we started rooting for them.

Anyway, several times in the article when the author was referencing the fan-base, he said, "We loyal Bullets fans ...... all 6 of us."

 

o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...