Sign in to follow this  
Frobby

Roch on Fall Instructional League

The Orioles are getting ready to open their fall instructional league down in Sarasota. The Ed Smith Stadium complex is operating again after being shut down for more than six months.

A complete roster of participants will be available soon and figures to include the draft selections who were denied a minor league season.

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2020/10/a-few-thoughts-on-fall-instructional-league.html

Talks a bit about who might attend.  Sounds like it’s starting pretty soon.  

• Upvote 2

Everything is sunshine and roses with our new draftees who are playing at the Fall Instructs (per Matt Blood, via Roch).

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2020/10/draft-selections-impressing-in-fall-instructional-camp.html

“Jordan Westburg has been really impressive. Just size, athleticism, skills, tools and makeup. Looks great. A real exciting guy.

“Hudson Haskin is a really good athlete, moves well. He’s pretty much what we heard about in terms of his scouting report. Just a really good all-around player. Servideo is a really, really nice defender and has got bat-to-ball skills and we’re going to keep working there. And the two high school kids are even better than I expected.

“Coby Mayo, just big, strong, big-time power. He and Adley (Rutschman) can compete every day with exit velocities and power numbers. And Carter Baumler is an advanced high school kid. Really good athlete, delivery, demeanor, and above-average stuff. I saw him the other day for the first time against hitters and it was really exciting.”

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

I'll take the sunshine, pending results.  

Me too.   I particularly liked the comment about Mayo.   

1 hour ago, Can_of_corn said:

Unicorns and rainbows.

Shame 1-2 isnt there.

I thought Adley WAS there...

29 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Did we ever hear what’s going on with Kjerstad?

Just "medical issue" not Covid... And not career- or next-season-threatening.

WAG something like appendicitis? Who knows? :noidea:

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

Everything is sunshine and roses with our new draftees who are playing at the Fall Instructs (per Matt Blood, via Roch).

https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2020/10/draft-selections-impressing-in-fall-instructional-camp.html

“Jordan Westburg has been really impressive. Just size, athleticism, skills, tools and makeup. Looks great. A real exciting guy.

“Hudson Haskin is a really good athlete, moves well. He’s pretty much what we heard about in terms of his scouting report. Just a really good all-around player. Servideo is a really, really nice defender and has got bat-to-ball skills and we’re going to keep working there. And the two high school kids are even better than I expected.

“Coby Mayo, just big, strong, big-time power. He and Adley (Rutschman) can compete every day with exit velocities and power numbers. And Carter Baumler is an advanced high school kid. Really good athlete, delivery, demeanor, and above-average stuff. I saw him the other day for the first time against hitters and it was really exciting.”

Well duh...

”This guy is terrible I don’t know why we drafted him.” Said no one ever.

1 hour ago, Philip said:

Well duh...

”This guy is terrible I don’t know why we drafted him.” Said no one ever.

I’m a little concerned about Westburg hitting MLB pitching. We will see if he can make the adjustment. He can field like Brooks or Cal, but if he can’t hit he’s worthless in today’s game.

10 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

I’m a little concerned about Westburg hitting MLB pitching. We will see if he can make the adjustment. He can field like Brooks or Cal, but if he can’t hit he’s worthless in today’s game.

I'm concerned that Kjerstad hasn't done much of anything with the team since he was signed.  When the last time he's seen game action?  May?  It feels like an entirely missed season for him.

2 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

He’s got time to learn, but if he’s really glorious with the glove, he’ll have a utility job for years.

I really can't stand these articles.  It's like Spring Training.  Everyone looks good, everyone looks fantastic, everyone's doing well.  Roch could save himself the time and just save these articles with spaces for the players names and swap them out from year to year, we'd never know the difference and get giddy just the same.

3 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm concerned that Kjerstad hasn't done much of anything with the team since he was signed.  When the last time he's seen game action?  May?  It feels like an entirely missed season for him.

You would hope that Elias and Co. had an idea about whatever issues Kjerstad had before they drafted him.

• Upvote 1