Sign in to follow this  
Tony-OH

#4 2020 Prospect: Heston Kjerstad - RF

16 hours ago, NCRaven said:

On a side note, I find the work that Vavra is doing in center field very interesting.

What’s the source of the information that Vavra is doing work in CF?   I hadn’t seen that until you made this post.   

·
Oct 11

#Orioles No. 13 prospect Terrin Vavra has been working in center field since his trade from the Rockies system. Had never played in the outfield before, but O’s clearly like his speed and athleticism.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NCRaven said:
·
Oct 11

#Orioles No. 13 prospect Terrin Vavra has been working in center field since his trade from the Rockies system. Had never played in the outfield before, but O’s clearly like his speed and athleticism.

Thanks.   Nice little interview of Vavra on Mancano’s Twitter feed, too. 

• Upvote 1

Is Vavra the backup plan in CF if Hays can't stay healthy?

Who is blocking him at 2B?  I wasn't aware of any major league ready top prospects who are ready to take over 2B.

7 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

Is Vavra the backup plan in CF if Hays can't stay healthy?

Who is blocking him at 2B?  I wasn't aware of any major league ready top prospects who are ready to take over 2B.

We’ve drafted and traded for a decent number of infielders under Elias.  I know some here have suggested Adam Hall take some reps in CF.  Options are good, in several meanings of the word.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Who says that Yaz didn't click with this regime?   He had stagnated in the upper levels for a few years before the new regime took over.   Almost anyone would have concluded that he wasn't going to amount much at the ML level.   Perhaps whatever the core surgery corrected had been nagging him for years.   I don't know.   I know that statistically, Yaz seemed like a 4th OF was his ceiling.   And he was 27-28.   Stuff happens.  That one is tough to explain.
    • RH relievers that throw 95-99 are not so rare anymore so I would say that Peralta is left unprotected.    He is the type of arm another team might take a flier on though.
    • Bowie  SS Henderson 2B Hall (20-30 starts at SS) A+  SS Westburg 2B Grenier A- SS Servideo 2B Hernaiz. 50/50  
    • o   3 years before the Jeffrey Meier incident, Ben McDonald on the mound in yet another controversial home run when the Orioles were [playing the Yankees. During the 1993 pennant race, McDonald was going to-to-toe with the Scott Kamieniecki in a 0-0 pitcher's duel in the bottom of the 8th inning. With Don Mattingly at the plate and the bases empty, a 16 year-old Yankee fan from Connecticut named Tim McKenzie stole a home run in the right-field stands from Mark McLemore. Like Jeffrey Maier 3 years later, McKenzie reached over the railing to snatch the ball away from McLemore. In a post-game interview immediately following the game, Mattingly said that the kid "made a great catch" when he was shown a replay of the theft. Also, Mattingly met and shook hands with the McKenzie in the bowels of Yankee Stadium the next day.     http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1916&dat=19930817&id=AQYhAAAAIBAJ&sjid=Z3YFAAAAIBAJ&pg=1607,2158095     In the photo, it states:   A GIFT: - Don Mattingly, left, shakes hands with Tim McKenzie at Yankee Stadium on Monday, prior to autographing the baseball that McKenzie is holding. The 16 year-old Durham, CT resident caught the ball over the railing, but Mattingly was given a home run in the Yankees' 1-0 win over the Orioles.   For his efforts, McDonald was credited with a complete-game loss, ceding that lone run in his 8 innings on the mound that afternoon.   o
    • The Orioles won't lose an affiliate. If Frederick or Delmarva was contracted Aberdeen would just be added. They will still have a Low-A, High-A, AA, and AAA teams. Only the New York Penn League was scheduled to go under which means they will just move one franchise to Aberdeen.
    • Came to post this... I started the video at a specific time. Is this even possible? Trying to think of the Physics of it in my head but I don't know.......  
    • Great post Patrick...   but I like this one better, On Sesame Street...  
  • Popular Contributors