Sign in to follow this  
Tony-OH

#8 2020 Prospect: Jordan Westburg - SS/3B

3 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Sure. After reading the writeup on Henderson at Bowie being one of the better hitters there after he settled with a chance to stay at SS, I think you could make a csae for him at #2 or #3.  It depends on how much weight you want to give to the Bowie camp, how much to prior minor league performance,  scouting reports, and draft pedigree.  

Yep.  I actually think Henderson could be a key guy in terms of seeing if this system vaults into the top 5 in 2021, although graduations to the majors could effect that as well

I think it's fair to assume that some of our best future prospect talent (2 recent drafts, maybe int'l) will be hidden in the ratings this year just because they're hidden on the field. I'm much more interested in the potential than their rank order. That's kinda always true, but much moreso this year. It's a blind spot, even within the org to some extent, I'd guess.

I can see why Tony said that 5-7 could be in any order and not 5-8.  Appears to be a big drop off from Baumann to Westburg.  This would be my first disagree, but from here down it’s all “who knows?”

27 minutes ago, NCRaven said:

I can see why Tony said that 5-7 could be in any order and not 5-8.  Appears to be a big drop off from Baumann to Westburg.  This would be my first disagree, but from here down it’s all “who knows?”

I am higher on Kremer than that.

2 hours ago, LookinUp said:

I think it's fair to assume that some of our best future prospect talent (2 recent drafts, maybe int'l) will be hidden in the ratings this year just because they're hidden on the field. I'm much more interested in the potential than their rank order. That's kinda always true, but much moreso this year. It's a blind spot, even within the org to some extent, I'd guess.

It's a "blind spot" into the rankings for every organization.  Trades made before Opening Day next year will carry an extra element of risk since the prospects haven't been seen.  Clearly, there is risk in our deadline deals when we received guys like Smith of the Mets.

Our scouts are going to be extremely busy at some point catching up with the prospects of other organizations as well as 2021 draft prospects in HS and college.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• o   3 years before the Jeffrey Meier incident, Ben McDonald on the mound in yet another controversial home run when the Orioles were [playing the Yankees. During the 1993 pennant race, McDonald was going to-to-toe with the Scott Kamieniecki in a 0-0 pitcher's duel in the bottom of the 8th inning. With Don Mattingly at the plate and the bases empty, a 16 year-old Yankee fan from Connecticut named Tim McKenzie stole a home run in the right-field stands from Mark McLemore. Like Jeffrey Maier 3 years later, McKenzie reached over the railing to snatch the ball away from McLemore. In a post-game interview immediately following the game, Mattingly said that the kid "made a great catch" when he was shown a replay of the theft. Also, Mattingly met and shook hands with the McKenzie in the bowels of Yankee Stadium the next day.     http://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1916&dat=19930817&id=AQYhAAAAIBAJ&sjid=Z3YFAAAAIBAJ&pg=1607,2158095     In the photo, it states:   A GIFT: - Don Mattingly, left, shakes hands with Tim McKenzie at Yankee Stadium on Monday, prior to autographing the baseball that McKenzie is holding. The 16 year-old Durham, CT resident caught the ball over the railing, but Mattingly was given a home run in the Yankees' 1-0 win over the Orioles.   For his efforts, McDonald was credited with a complete-game loss, ceding that lone run in his 8 innings on the mound that afternoon.   o
    • The Orioles won't lose an affiliate. If Frederick or Delmarva was contracted Aberdeen would just be added. They will still have a Low-A, High-A, AA, and AAA teams. Only the New York Penn League was scheduled to go under which means they will just move one franchise to Aberdeen.
    • Came to post this... I started the video at a specific time. Is this even possible? Trying to think of the Physics of it in my head but I don't know.......  
    • Great post Patrick...   but I like this one better, On Sesame Street...  
    • I’m kind of bummed that Mullins didn’t get a nomination.  Third in the AL in outs above average.  
    • was converting/moving/saving files to my computer. Saw old Lightnin', checked Wiki and they specifically called out this song. From 1960 (at age 48.)   Title reminds me of this old Muddy Waters...     I think it was Leadbelly who also mentioned a "Mojo Hand"... Some kind of OLD, like Haitian/Nawlin's Voodoo superstition of carrying a bag of spices/trinkets/lucky charms. Carry that with you (like Austin Powers' "Mojo"...) for good luck.. The bag was called a Mojo Hand. Can't think of the Leadbelly song...       On a tangent today of tangents (of tangents of tangents...) Trying to work my way thru it all to get back to OTHER videos I want to watch. And dinner and sh!t... Got it whittled down to 22 Firefox tabs.....
  • Popular Contributors