Sign in to follow this  
RZNJ

Organizational Rosters 2021

Just a little conversation starter.   A possible landing spot for the 2021 season for many players.

Baltimore             Norfolk          Bowie             A+                       A-                        GCL

1B   Mancini            Nevin                                     Encarnacion     Dashbach           Rolle
2B   Alberto             Bannon           Hall               Grenier              Hernaiz
SS   Iglesias           Martin              Henderson   Westburg         Servideo               Placencio
3B   Ruiz                                                                  Welk                 Diaz
C    Servino             Cumberland   Rutschman    Yett                  Handley
LF   Mountcastle                            Neustrom      Rizer                Sparks
CF   Hays                  McKenna      Vavra              Watson           Haskins
RF   Santander         Diaz                                       Kjerstad          Stowers
DH   Stewart                                                  

OF   Mullins
C    Sisco
IF   Valaika

SP   Means              Baumann        Bradish            Stauffer        H. Roth
SP   Cobb                 Lowther          Rodriguez        Litscher        L. Rodriguez
SP   Akin                   Wells              Hall                   Brnovich       McClarty
SP   Kremer               Smith            Haniffee           Peek              Gillispie
SP   Lopez                Zimmerman  Rom                  Hammer      Baumler

RP   Valdez               Mattson                                             
RP   Harvey               Muckenhirn
RP   Fry
RP   Armstrong                                  Lebron
RP   Scott
RP                                                       Fenter

• Upvote 4

Big work, RZ!  Well done.  

I would put our recent draft pick Mayo in as the GCL 3B.

Has Adam Hall been moved off of SS?  I think he may be the better bet as the Bowie SS.  Getting Henderson to Bowie two years after being drafted and put in the GCL would be a huge leap.  The reports are good.  I think Henderson at A+ Frederick and starting Westburg at A- DelMarva would be a more conservative approach to start next season.

It wouldn't be a shock if Welk or Rizer - guys who ended last season at DelMarva - get to Bowie - like AR.

LRod was pitching in the NYP League last season.  I hope he can start next year in A+ next year.  A- might be optimistic for Baumler.  

It will be interesting to see if how many GCL (and let's be optimistic - possibly DelMarva) spots are taken up by recent international prospects.    

Again, well done!

If you put Henderson at A+ at SS and Westburg at A, where do you place Servideo?

Hall has not been moved off of SS, yet.  Where do you start him?  SS at Bowie?  If so, go back to my previous question.

Mayo probably opens in the GCL as you say.  Delmarva would be aggressive.  The instructional league and ST will answer that question.

Tony made a Zach Davies comp with Baumler as a guy who knows how to pitch.  Davies pitched in low A at 19.  Rom pitched in low A at 19.  Again, no GCL debut season because of Covid19.  Instructional and ST will tell.

Which international prospects do you think have a realistic chance of starting in full season ball?  

1 minute ago, coe76 said:

No Mason McCoy or did I miss it?

Maybe starting SS or utility IF at Norfolk I'd guess.

I don't have particular international names - just hoping we have three to five prospects excelling to the point of being worthy of bringing over.  

Hall had a nice full season at DelMarva in 2019 and would have started at Frederick this year.  I think he is the most worthy SS candidate at Bowie.  Westburg/Servideo would have played at Aberdeen this year and would have been expected at DelMarva.  Not sure how you split them up and I don't think Westburg is the polished college bat that starts at Frederick like we saw with Reimold and Wieters the full season after they were drafted.  My opinion.  We shall see.

Again, good discussion, good list.

Back to the international players, the two that would seem most advanced would seem to be Placencia, the SS who had good plate discipline numbers and Ortiz the LHP who received something like 400k this past year but I can't see either starting the year at a full season affiliate.  There should be a fair number of international guys who play stateside in the GCL this year.

As for Westburg, Servideo, and Henderson.   The first question is whether the Orioles plan to play all 3 full time at SS this year.  You can add Adam Hall to that group. We can safely assume that none of them will start in AAA.  That leaves 4 SS prospects for 3 full season teams.  I gave one possible solution.  There are certainly others.  I don't mind anyone disagreeing with mine but I'd be curious to hear an alternative.  Henderson or Westburg to 3B this soon?  Doesn't seem likely.  Westburg to 2B?  Maybe.  Westburg and Servideo splitting time 50/50 between 2B-SS. Possible but that leaves Hernaiz out.  I already have Diaz to 3B just to keep him in the lineup to develop but he is really a MI guy as well.

Here is my guess:

Baltimore            Norfolk          Bowie             A+                 A-              GCL

1B/DH Mountcastle  Nevin                          Curran    Deschbach      Herrera          
2B   Valaika                  Urias          Vavra     Hall            Servideo   Placencia
SS   Iglesias                 Martin       Grenier Henderson Westburg    Herniaz            
3B   Ruiz                       Bannon       Yahn                         Welk               Mayo
C    Serverino             Wynns                       Rutschman Yett             Handley          
LF   Hays                    Stewart        Jarrett   Neustrom  Watson         Janvrin
CF   Mullins               McKenna                  Ferguson   Haskins       Tolentino
RF   Santander          Diaz                            Kjerstad       Stowers          Lewis
DH/1B Mancini         Cumberland             Escarra            Evans           Kehe

C    Sisco                                                   Roberts          Burgess         Cannon
IF   Velazquez           McCoy                   Ogren         Encarnacion    Martinez

1B Davis

IF Herrera                                                                              Ortiz           Rojas

OF                                                              Rizer                Fontana        Sparks,                    

Taverez                                                                                                                                                                                                         

SP   Means     Baumann        Bradish      Knight     Stauffer          Brumler
SP  Kremer     Lowther          LeBron      Rodriguez  Litscher       Brnovich
SP   Akin          Wells               Hall            Fenter        Hammer           Prizina
SP   Lopez        Smith              Hanifee    Wilson         Conroy              Peek              
SP   Zimmerman  K Stewart   Sedlock    Rom           Magee             Zebron

RP   Valdez     Mattson      Pop          Bishop   L. Rodriguez       Pendergast   
RP   Harvey   Muckenhirn   Klimek    Naughton    McLarty                Strowd
RP   Fry            Kline             Erwin        Vespi              Lyons                    Ryan
RP Armstrong Hanhold   Alvarado     Peralta         Roth            Y Rodriguez
RP   Scott        Gonzalez   Jimenez     Joyner          Gillispie                Ellicot
RP   Larkin       Sulser         Perez          Matson       Mcsweeney        Farmer

RP Eshelman  Phillips      Almengo     Bautista     Perkins         McGinness
 RP  Tate                                                                     Emond           Stambaugh

hoosiers and 86this reacted to this

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Back to the international players, the two that would seem most advanced would seem to be Placencia, the SS who had good plate discipline numbers and Ortiz the LHP who received something like 400k this past year but I can't see either starting the year at a full season affiliate.  There should be a fair number of international guys who play stateside in the GCL this year.

As for Westburg, Servideo, and Henderson.   The first question is whether the Orioles plan to play all 3 full time at SS this year.  You can add Adam Hall to that group. We can safely assume that none of them will start in AAA.  That leaves 4 SS prospects for 3 full season teams.  I gave one possible solution.  There are certainly others.  I don't mind anyone disagreeing with mine but I'd be curious to hear an alternative.  Henderson or Westburg to 3B this soon?  Doesn't seem likely.  Westburg to 2B?  Maybe.  Westburg and Servideo splitting time 50/50 between 2B-SS. Possible but that leaves Hernaiz out.  I already have Diaz to 3B just to keep him in the lineup to develop but he is really a MI guy as well.

Yea, this is a discussion we had in another thread.

As you point out, will all 3 of them start the year at SS?  If so, someone has to be in Bowie and that also means Hall gets moved to second.  It’s also why they are perhaps using Vavra in CF.

A lot of the roster management (for the better prospects) in the minors is going to be predicated on those 3 players.  It’s kind of funny think of it that way but I think it’s true.  

12 hours ago, wildcard said:

Here is my guess:

Baltimore            Norfolk          Bowie             A+                 A-              GCL

1B/DH Mountcastle  Nevin                          Curran    Deschbach      Herrera          
2B   Valaika                  Urias          Vavra     Hall            Servideo   Placencia
SS   Iglesias                 Martin       Grenier Henderson Westburg    Herniaz            
3B   Ruiz                       Bannon       Yahn                         Welk               Mayo
C    Serverino             Wynns                       Rutschman Yett             Handley          
LF   Hays                    Stewart        Jarrett   Neustrom  Watson         Janvrin
CF   Mullins               McKenna                  Ferguson   Haskins       Tolentino
RF   Santander          Diaz                            Kjerstad       Stowers          Lewis
DH/1B Mancini         Cumberland             Escarra            Evans           Kehe

C    Sisco                                                   Roberts          Burgess         Cannon
IF   Velazquez           McCoy                   Ogren         Encarnacion    Martinez

1B Davis

IF Herrera                                                                              Ortiz           Rojas

OF                                                              Rizer                Fontana        Sparks,                    

Taverez                                                                                                                                                                                                         

SP   Means     Baumann        Bradish      Knight     Stauffer          Brumler
SP  Kremer     Lowther          LeBron      Rodriguez  Litscher       Brnovich
SP   Akin          Wells               Hall            Fenter        Hammer           Prizina
SP   Lopez        Smith              Hanifee    Wilson         Conroy              Peek              
SP   Zimmerman  K Stewart   Sedlock    Rom           Magee             Zebron

RP   Valdez     Mattson      Pop          Bishop   L. Rodriguez       Pendergast   
RP   Harvey   Muckenhirn   Klimek    Naughton    McLarty                Strowd
RP   Fry            Kline             Erwin        Vespi              Lyons                    Ryan
RP Armstrong Hanhold   Alvarado     Peralta         Roth            Y Rodriguez
RP   Scott        Gonzalez   Jimenez     Joyner          Gillispie                Ellicot
RP   Larkin       Sulser         Perez          Matson       Mcsweeney        Farmer

RP Eshelman  Phillips      Almengo     Bautista     Perkins         McGinness
 RP  Tate                                                                     Emond           Stambaugh

hoosiers and 86this reacted to this

Of the two, I prefer RZ's formatting better.

48 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Of the two, I prefer RZ's formatting better.

Well, of course, that is what I was going for......format.

35 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Well, of course, that is what I was going for......format.

Your list is very good and in the end might be closer to reality.   Seems like most of your placements are just as if we were starting 2020 all over again, which is fine because a lot of players didn't play at all.   I do put stock into the Bowie camp.   That was pretty much a AA/AAA level of player for the most part.   Rutschman excelled.   Why start him in high A?   Just because that's likely where he would have started if there had been a 2020 season?    Hernaiz played 2019 in the GCL.  He did fine.  2 years later and we are going to have him sit in extended ST for months until the GCL season opens and send him back there again?   Possible but I hope not.