Sign in to follow this  
LTO's

Yankees Possibly Interested In Iglesias

This is contingent on the Orioles exercising his option which, despite the tweet's author's optimism, is far from a sure thing. 

That would leave a huge hole at SS but if the offer is good Elias has to take it.     Velazquez becomes the O's best everyday SS currently on the club.  Maybe they sign Hechavarria.

42 minutes ago, wildcard said:

That would leave a huge hole at SS but if the offer is good Elias has to take it.     Velazquez becomes the O's best everyday SS currently on the club.  Maybe they sign Hechavarria.

Wouldn’t Martin be next in line? If the Yankees want Iglesias, fine, but I want a meaningful return, none of this “former first round prospect” crap.

19 minutes ago, Philip said:

Wouldn’t Martin be next in line? If the Yankees want Iglesias, fine, but I want a meaningful return, none of this “former first round prospect” crap.

I can’t see them giving up anything meaningful for him. I imagine it would be no more than 1 prospect in their 10-15 range and another in the 20’s. Unless we just trade him for cash...(mostly kidding)

• Upvote 1

Isn't this usually where someone designates the three prospects in the Yankees top ten that they want in return for Iglesias?   lol

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Isn't this usually where someone designates the three prospects in the Yankees top ten that they want in return for Iglesias?   lol

Sorry to disappoint 

2 hours ago, Philip said:

I think Elias wants Martin to spend some time at AAA,  so he probably signs a cheap stop gap.

4 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

If they don't we will need to have a whole other conversation about this franchise.

Tony I think it's already time to have that conversation.  They are coaching moves to make money.  They are starting to lay people off.  Elias has spoken opnely about the lost revenue from this year and the uncertainty of plan ing next season because of the unknowns involved in next season's revenue.  The latest court ruling puts it one step closer for MASaNgelos to have to cut a huge check to the Lerners.

It seems pretty obvious that cost cutting is a major part of how this team is being run right now.