Tony-OH

Analysis of 2020 Rule 5 Eligible players

On 11/16/2020 at 11:19 AM, Tony-OH said:

I knew an Orioles scout who told me when Sisco was in AA that he was basically Clevenger. I was like, "Really? you don't think he will hit better?" He thought the bat was slow and he would never hit for power. I do think he was wrong a bit on the power, but Sisco seems to have sold out any average for his new found power.

Sisco is bad. But Clevenger was also bad. But he did have one of two grand slams in an inning against the Royals. That was a fun game in a pretty dreadful series

5 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

For those saying Pop won’t be taken due to coming off TJ, Santander was taken after shoulder surgery too.

I think they should. Protect Pop

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

6 pm deadline approaching soon.   I can hardly breathe!   🙄

12 minutes ago, Frobby said:

6 pm deadline approaching soon.   I can hardly breathe!   🙄

Apparently the list is top secret.

If it does come down to Pop or Wells who would you choose?  Shoulda done a multi option poll!   

I think it’s a tough call, but I am guessing most here would say to protect Pop.  But I like Wells.   I love it when the underdog succeeds.   

11 minutes ago, murph said:

If it does come down to Pop or Wells who would you choose?  Shoulda done a multi option poll!   

I think it’s a tough call, but I am guessing most here would say to protect Pop.  But I like Wells.   I love it when the underdog succeeds.   

Pop is more likely to get popped but Wells has the higher potential value.   I think Pop is more likely to become a ML setup man than Wells is to become a ML starter but relievers are easier to come by which is why I think both Pop and Matson are left exposed.     We should know any minute!

Just now, RZNJ said:

Pop is more likely to get popped but Wells has the higher potential value.   I think Pop is more likely to become a ML setup man than Wells is to become a ML starter but relievers are easier to come by which is why I think both Pop and Matson are left exposed.     We should know any minute!

Yea I just figured most doesn’t think Wells will be able to offer much if any value at the MLB level.  Just the impression I get.   But Jamie Moyer....   

6 minutes ago, murph said:

Yea I just figured most doesn’t think Wells will be able to offer much if any value at the MLB level.  Just the impression I get.   But Jamie Moyer....   

Was an aberration.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Was an aberration.

So were Randy Jones, Tom Glavine, Scott McGregor, and Mark Buehrle.

9 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

So were Randy Jones, Tom Glavine, Scott McGregor, and Mark Buehrle.

Glavine hit 94 as a rookie.  McGregor played about three eras ago, as did Jones.

Jones had a K rate of 3.4, McGregor had a K rate of 3.8.  You think that plays in 2021?

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Glavine hit 94 as a rookie.  McGregor played about three eras ago, as did Jones.

Jones had a K rate of 3.4, McGregor had a K rate of 3.8.  You think that plays in 2021?

Nunez released.   Bannon, Wells, Matson, Baumann, Lowther, Diaz added per Roch.

2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Do you think Jones and McGregor's K rates would be the same in this era?     You don't think Scott McGregor or Randy Jones could have pitched in this era?   Is that what you are saying?