Sign in to follow this  
LookinUp

Jose Iglesias traded to Angels.

Just now, LookinUp said:

I had been thinking of him as a sell-high opportunity. Hopefully we did and it's not a pure $$ deal.

I'm sure Elias will be very high on the player(s) we get in return.

1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

I'm sure Elias will be very high on the player(s) we get in return.

It was an 11 year old Dominican Kid who's pretty good at cup and ball

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

I had been thinking of him as a sell-high opportunity. Hopefully we did and it's not a pure $$ deal.

They got something and it was the money. 

6 minutes ago, Yardball85 said:

Would be frustrating... really frustrating... if they didn't at least get something of value for Iglesias.

Elias is too smart to just give him away. If they wanted to get nothing they wouldn’t pick up his option 

• Upvote 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• You can, but you shouldn't. If the money is made available I think it would be better spent elsewhere, like on trading for a pitcher.
    • See, I disagree with this. I think if the O's are ready to contend, you can afford him for sure. If the plan is to contend in 2022/2023, you either keep Santander or are confident that you have a replacement. If that's not the plan, maximizing the young talent in our system should take priority.
    • I'm confused.  You agreed with my point about the Brewers but you again mention the O's and if they will be ready to contend. My contention is even if the O's are ready to contend Santander won't be a good fit because of the money he will be owed. I'm not looking to dump Santander, but a fair deal is a fair deal, I wouldn't require more than he is worth to move him.
    • Sure.  Which comes back to  1) How good will Santander be in a couple of years?  2) Will the Orioles be ready to contend? I get the logic in listening. I just think the motivation should be the return not the concern of how much he may make down the road.  As you said you don’t draft Kjerstad 1-2, not to play. Question then revolves around how they feel about Mountcastle’s glove and Diaz. 
    • Now we have openers. Mixing of talent pools. The pitching revolution.
    • I fear the O's are in that situation right now. Actually, it's not really a fear as much as it's my belief that they're being prepared for sale when PA passes away.  In that case, I think the considerations for ownership/Elias are a little different than my own. To that, I just shrug. I'd rather they continue pushing out the future (which is one essential aspect of this Santander argument) and sell than not sell. If the plan is to be cheap, build the farm and sell the team, I'm 100% on board because of the sell the team part. Let the new owner come in and have a 90% chance of being better than the Angelos family. Hopefully that new owner sees the value in Elias' approach though.
    • I agree that we should. But honestly, the Rays can afford a higher payroll, they just choose not to because the owner wants a higher ROI.  I fear the Orioles will be in the same situation.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now