Sign in to follow this  
wildcard

O's players that were on the 60 man roster that are gone

I stroll down memory lane:

Number of Players no longer in the O's Organization that  were on the 60 man roster:   (20)

Right-handed Pitchers:(9)

Miguel Castro - Traded to the Mets;   Tom Eshelman - Released;   Mychal Givens - Traded to the Rockies; David Hess -6 year minor league FA;  Branden Kline - 6 year minor league FA;  Chandler Shepherd - 6 year minor league FA;  Kohl Stewart - Released;  Asher Wojciechowski - 6 year minor league FA;  Hector Velazquez - Traded to the Astros.

Left- handed Pitchers (5)

Richard Bleier - Traded to the Marlins;  Wade  LeBlanc - FA; Tommy Milone - Traded to the Braves; Brian Gonzalez - 6 year minor league FA;  Rob Zastryzny - Released

Catchers - (1)

Bryan Holaday  - FA

Infielders (4)

Hanser Alberto -  Non Tendered;  Dilson Herrera - 6 year minor league FA;  Jose Iglesias - Traded to Angels;   Renato Nunez - Non Tendered;  

Outfielder (1)

Dwight Smith Jr - Released

The reasons they are gone is from memory.  So cut me some slack.

• Upvote 2

14 guys seems like a lot of turnover.   I wonder what those numbers look like on other teams. (No, I do not plan to figure that out.)

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Frobby said:

14 guys seems like a lot of turnover.   I wonder what those numbers look like on other teams. (No, I do not plan to figure that out.)

Let’s hope there is more turnover to come.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

Not busting ...just assisting! Milone was traded to the Braves

Thanks.  I knew that.  Brain fart.  Fixed it.

That is excellent information.  I am not doing it, but would be nice to note how they guys were acquired (drafted or FA signing) and the ages.  

I see multiple guys signed by Elias and converted into prospects - Milone, Iggy, can't remember with Bleier.  In my mind, I thought we had another relief pitcher that we traded, but am probably wrong.

This churn by Elias has been good.  Multiple guys released of the Hess, Kline ilk were certainly given multiple major league opportunities.  I don't think there will be many regrets on that list.  

3 hours ago, hoosiers said:

That is excellent information.  I am not doing it, but would be nice to note how they guys were acquired (drafted or FA signing) and the ages.  

I see multiple guys signed by Elias and converted into prospects - Milone, Iggy, can't remember with Bleier.  In my mind, I thought we had another relief pitcher that we traded, but am probably wrong.

This churn by Elias has been good.  Multiple guys released of the Hess, Kline ilk were certainly given multiple major league opportunities.  I don't think there will be many regrets on that list.  

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/astros/article/Astros-trade-for-pitcher-Hector-Velazquez-Orioles-15442933.php

You might be thinking this guy.  He was traded so fast he probably never hit the 60 man.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, jerios55 said:

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/texas-sports-nation/astros/article/Astros-trade-for-pitcher-Hector-Velazquez-Orioles-15442933.php

You might be thinking this guy.  He was traded so fast he probably never hit the 60 man.

Actually, you are right.   Not only was Hector Velazquez on the original 60 man roster so was Rob  Zastryzny.  I will add both of them to the OP.

Good catch.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Actually, you are right.   Not only was Hector Velazquez on the original 60 man roster so was Rob  Zastryzny.  I will add both of them to the OP.

Good catch.

But it was my thought!  Lol.

Going forward, I will think it and Jerios will post it.

35 minutes ago, hoosiers said:

No pressure, haha.

2 hours ago, hoosiers said:

Absolutely,  We need you as a visionary.