Sign in to follow this  
ofan239

Daniel Robertson as potential SS in 2021?

34 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

What is the expected going rate?

I’m honestly not sure.  Just can’t imagine he gets that amount given how the market is.  He’s not some stud, can’t miss type guy.

Admittingly, if you include the posting fee, maybe it gets close to a 50M investment but I would guess it ends up closer to 30M than 50M.

53 minutes ago, ScGO's said:

What is the expected going rate?

I have seen 4/32 and 5/42 million.  He has 8 million  posting fee as well.  I don’t see us paying that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I’m honestly not sure.  Just can’t imagine he gets that amount given how the market is.  He’s not some stud, can’t miss type guy.

Admittingly, if you include the posting fee, maybe it gets close to a 50M investment but I would guess it ends up closer to 30M than 50M.

In his morning article Roch is speculating 5/40 with 7 million to his KBO team. 

Zero chance this O’s participate. But, I think it would be a bold move for the Orioles. If you subtract the 3.5 that they would’ve paid Iglesias if they kept him the net is really only 4 million per season including the posting. They are likely gonna bring in another experienced short stop and likely pay him 2-3 million. 

Spend the saved 3.5 million and divert the 2-3 from the scrap heap guy that they are going to sign. If he hits you can deal him later for a pile and if not he’s a marginal risk at best coming out of your tv money. They have saved the amount to cover his contract over the last few seasons to cover its entirety