Jump to content
Legend_Of_Joey

Chris Davis: I’ll be at Spring Training and I’m not going anywhere

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Can't believe no one talked about this? He thinks he deserves a mulligan because of Covid!

 

Of course he did, Davis is hoping he doesn’t get the vaccine so he can reuse this excuse for 2021. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

I used to feel bad for Chris Davis.

Used to.

I sorta felt bad for him until Jim Palmer revealed Davis’ talk about putting in extra work in the off-season was just talk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Roll Tide said:

Can't believe no one talked about this? He thinks he deserves a mulligan because of Covid!

 

He couldn’t stay healthy sitting on the pine in a short season. Happens to the best athletes all the time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

51o9vL8g+TL._SX342_QL70_ML2_.jpg

Seriously, I would much rather have all of those regular 1B/DH/COF ABs go to Mancini, Mountcastle, Santander, and Stewart, and the backup ABs go to Mullins, Shaw, and whoever else ends up in the mix, since some of those guys might actually be a part of this team's future, unlike Mr. Literally Can't Hit His Weight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I sorta felt bad for him until Jim Palmer revealed Davis’ talk about putting in extra work in the off-season was just talk. 

Oh wow, I somehow missed that one. What a wanker.

And to think, I used to be pretty bummed that one of my ex-gf's ended up with my Chris Davis giveaway bobblehead because it was at her place when the (fairly messy) breakup occurred. No big loss, on either count lol.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By "I'm not going anywhere," does Chris mean he'll skip the road games? That would be OK.

Or maybe he means he's going to stay in Florida. That would be even better.

😎

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

Oh wow, I somehow missed that one. What a wanker.

And to think, I used to be pretty bummed that one of my ex-gf's ended up with my Chris Davis giveaway bobblehead because it was at her place when the (fairly messy) breakup occurred. No big loss, on either count lol.

Epic Palmer rant from 2018 and I found the clip. It's worth 2 minutes to watch.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:
11 minutes ago, DrinkinWithFermi said:

 

Epic Palmer rant from 2018 and I found the clip. It's worth 2 minutes to watch.

 

Woooooow. Just wow.

Cut. The. Check.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s almost daring the team to cut him.

Part of me wants them to keep him and never give him an at bat and just “bash” him in public. He still ultimately wins because he gets paid but just continue to hurt his pride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He’s almost daring the team to cut him.

Part of me wants them to keep him and never give him an at bat and just “bash” him in public. He still ultimately wins because he gets paid but just continue to hurt his pride.

Play him on the road in every spring training game and then never let him off the bench once the regular season starts.  Just act like he isn't there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He’s almost daring the team to cut him.

Part of me wants them to keep him and never give him an at bat and just “bash” him in public. He still ultimately wins because he gets paid but just continue to hurt his pride.

I was just going to post this.  Feels like a dare.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Play him on the road in every spring training game and then never let him off the bench once the regular season starts.  Just act like he isn't there.

Yep and when they ask, why isn’t he playing...you simply say because he’s not good enough to play.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Convert Davis to a spare bullpen arm. 

I agree. He could finish out any blowout losses and save the bullpen arms.

 

 

Edited by orioles22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...