weams

Orioles Lose Zach Pop and Grey Fenter in Rule Five

1 hour ago, wildcard said:

No, not really.   For a team to claim him that have to have space on the 26 man roster or be willing to DFA someone.   He now has an ERA of 27.00 so contenders will probably not be interested.   Teams that are not trying to win are the ones that might be interested, but that ERA may indicate to them that he will be hard to keep on the roster for any length of time.

I have my doubts that any organization in professional baseball would give any weight whatsoever to 1 1/3 innings.  And by "I have my doubts" I mean I'm 100% certain they wouldn't care about that in any way at all.

20 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

Not very common but it has happened. Jose Bautista went through multiple team but I'm not sure when the last time this happened.

Is it 90 days total needed to satisfy the Rule V or does the counter reset with a new team?

5 hours ago, jerios55 said:

Yes, which is less than a full season and how it happened with Santander.  He needed like 15 more days come the following year before he could be sent down. 

My point is simply that they can find ways to get that roster spot for a decent part of the year if needed.

Santander had legitimate injuries.   It’s not like you can just send these guys to the minors indefinitely based on some phony injury.   The price of taking him off the ML roster is he can’t even play in the minors except for the time permitted for rehab stints.  

The year we drafted Santander, he didn’t even play in the minors until July 27.    Then he had a 21-day rehab stint, then spent the rest of the year in the majors.   The O’s certainly didn’t do that because they were trying to stretch his 90 days of service over two years.   

Pop follows up his grand slam by giving up a go ahead three run home run to Pablo Sandoval.

4 minutes ago, LTO's said:

Pop follows up his grand slam by giving up a go ahead three run home run to Pablo Sandoval.

Am I a bad person for hoping Pop does poorly enough to be returned to us?

4 minutes ago, LTO's said:

1 IP 2 hits a hit by hitter and 3 run homer.  I don’t think they will keep him much more.  The stuff was just average too from little a saw.

17 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Is he worth bringing back? He’s not doing very well.

29 minutes ago, Philip said:

He'd fit right in.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Philip said:

Of course the Orioles would take him back. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Philip said:

Have you watched the Orioles this year?  :leaving:

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Ripken said:

Have you watched the Orioles this year?  :leaving:

I get that you're joking, but the O's would be able to have him work on his craft at the MiL level, rather than the majors.

6 minutes ago, BohKnowsBmore said:

I get that you're joking, but the O's would be able to have him work on his craft at the MiL level, rather than the majors.

Yes, that's an advantage for us.  Also, if he blows up some in Baltimore, it won't hurt our world series chances.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Mike Elias is right there with you, no doubt.

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Of course the Orioles would take him back. 

Yes of course, the reason I was asking was because I wondered if maybe the Marlins had exposed some fatal flaw that the oriole guys had missed, and therefore he was no longer as desirable.

2 hours ago, Philip said:

If we brought him back we wouldn't be required to have him on the major league roster.