Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ScGO's

Trade Bait 2021

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Why?

A week means nothing.

All it does is make his life less comfortable as he deals with the hassle of moving and different team mates and coaches.

He has three years of college ball and a half a season of instructional camp that they can base things off of.

I honestly can't wrap my head around why you think he should go play in A ball. 

He wasn't some toolsy but unrefined project they picked.

What could possibly happen in a week or two at A ball that would mean anything?]

If he goes 0-for, it means nothing.

If he hits .500, it means nothing.

When he inevitability does something between those two poles, it means nothing.

 

I think he can handle new teammates. He would be on the fast track to AA and then AAA if they feel he needs seasoning. Now if he shows up in camp looking like he's the best player on the team, then the situation changes. But he's done it before in the same season he played college ball no less.  

2019 21   3 Teams 3 Lgs A--A-Rk BAL 37 games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if Kim Ng agrees, but in trade the Marlins kind of said they like Chisholm to be a building block SS for the low low price of Zac Gallen.

I think I'd rather shoot for pitching if Santander Miami happens.

Regular plug that if the 2022-2023 payrolls can average like $70M not $40M the club has an ante for Lindor, or plenty for Correa down the talent list.   The fun of spring will be starting to see if Adley, etc. can earn that for themselves before the angst of will we pay for good players in December.  

Guess you can subtract ~$5M from those averages if it is MLB minimum Yusniel/Kjerstad instead of Santander in a corner on those rosters too.

A $65M payroll in 2022 would under any since 2004, except for these very recent teams either paying off Buck's credit card bill or saving for a rainy day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

I think he can handle new teammates. He would be on the fast track to AA and then AAA if they feel he needs seasoning. Now if he shows up in camp looking like he's the best player on the team, then the situation changes. But he's done it before in the same season he played college ball no less.  

2019 21   3 Teams 3 Lgs A--A-Rk BAL 37 games

Yes, I know they paraded him around to various affiliates like a show dog the year he signed.  He also was "disappointing" in his pro debut.

What is the gain in sending him down to A ball?  What's the advantage to the player? 

Sending him down to A ball would just be jerking the kid around.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yes, I know they paraded him around to various affiliates like a show dog the year he signed.  He also was "disappointing" in his pro debut.

What is the gain in sending him down to A ball?  What's the advantage to the player? 

Sending him down to A ball would just be jerking the kid around.

The advantage to the player is so that he isnt overmatched. The Pac 12 isnt AA quality last I heard, so he might need some time to readjust to pro baseball. High A allows that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, jabba72 said:

The advantage to the player is so that he isnt overmatched. The Pac 12 isnt AA quality last I heard, so he might need some time to readjust to pro baseball. High A allows that.  

Gunnar Henderson was overmatched at the instructional camp last year.

How did that work out for him?

If AR can't handle a bit of adversity in his first full year in the minors we should just pack in this rebuild now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

Gunnar Henderson was overmatched at the instructional camp last year.

How did that work out for him?

If AR can't handle a bit of adversity in his first full year in the minors we should just pack in this rebuild now.

 

I have no idea how that worked for Gunnar since he hasnt played since 2019. Hopefully he's a much better player now. But I wouldnt start him in AA either.  The Minor League camp should give ME a good idea where to start these two.  Hopefully he isnt balls to the wall because scouts say they look like the two best position players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see Marlins being a good match. They are slightly ahead of us but still building for the long term. I doubt Ng gets trigger happy on her prospects.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Can_of_corn said:

Yes, I know they paraded him around to various affiliates like a show dog the year he signed.  He also was "disappointing" in his pro debut.

What is the gain in sending him down to A ball?  What's the advantage to the player? 

Sending him down to A ball would just be jerking the kid around.

I think after two months at the alternate site where by all accounts he played extremely well, A ball would be a waste of time.    Start him in AA.   Anyway, Elias has all but said that’s what he plans to do.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2021 at 5:05 AM, Roll Tide said:

I wouldn’t be that surprised if we traded Santander or Mancini before spring training. It’s obvious that everything on the table is for sale. I can’t help but think Mancini could have higher trade value at the deadline after he proves that he’s back to his old self.

 

On 2/2/2021 at 5:05 AM, Roll Tide said:

I wouldn’t be that surprised if we traded Santander or Mancini before spring training. It’s obvious that everything on the table is for sale. I can’t help but think Mancini could have higher trade value at the deadline after he proves that he’s back to his old self.

Now that the Twins have retained Cruz, the Indians are going to have to worry about two good teams in the Central. I bet they’d love to have Santander back. They have pitching for days, but they probably want to keep it. I wonder if they have any good infielders we could pry away from them?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Philip said:

 

Now that the Twins have retained Cruz, the Indians are going to have to worry about two good teams in the Central. I bet they’d love to have Santander back. They have pitching for days, but they probably want to keep it. I wonder if they have any good infielders we could pry away from them?

 

The Indians have 4 SS in their top 11 .... 

 

Id target SS Brayan Rocchio #8, Tanner Burns #15; and Carlos Vargas #24

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I think after two months at the alternate site where by all accounts he played extremely well, A ball would be a waste of time.    Start him in AA.   Anyway, Elias has all but said that’s what he plans to do.  

Luckily, all indications are that Elias plans to start Rutschman at AA this year.  If he spends a month in Bowie and another Norfolk, I have no problem with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...