Jump to content
OrioleDog

DL Hall 2021

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, accinfo said:

5 IP 0 runs, 1 hit, 3 walks, 8K's.  Not bad 2.14 ERA.  I see Norfolk in his near future and Baltimore in Sept.

Still too many walks but everything else is dominant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He was clearly focusing on his offspeed pitches. I dont think he threw even 30 percent fastballs. Just dominating with the curveballs and change ups. Fastball was sitting 96-97. One pitch was clocked at 101 in the first inning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hall isn't dominating AA quite to the extent Rodriguez did A-ball.    The MiLB website already has tonight's results getting him to the 2.14 ERA.

Doing the same "dirty K-BB%" with their surface stats, I get Hall in 6th among 25 qualifiers with a 32.2 K-BB%.   His 44.8 K% the best, his 12.6 BB% the worst.   Hit suppression, he's 4th.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The walks need to come down, but double-A guys can't hit him. So the question is for development, is he better off working on things at a level he's dominant at? Or is he better off going to a level where they might punish him for his mistakes?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OrioleDog said:

Hall isn't dominating AA quite to the extent Rodriguez did A-ball.    The MiLB website already has tonight's results getting him to the 2.14 ERA.

Doing the same "dirty K-BB%" with their surface stats, I get Hall in 6th among 25 qualifiers with a 32.2 K-BB%.   His 44.8 K% the best, his 12.6 BB% the worst.   Hit suppression, he's 4th.

 

The higher up you go, the harder it is to post ridiculously dominant numbers.   Hall had one bad outing, has dominated in the others.  It will be interesting to see how Rodriguez does in AA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

6 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 1 BB, 7 Ks.

He let up 2 homers but the 1 BB and 67% strike% are more important.

 

Do you think he’ll debut this year? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, joelala said:

Do you think he’ll debut this year? 

I tend to doubt it.  I think Grayson stands a better chance but I would be surprised if either makes their debut…although I think both should.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sports Guy said:

I tend to doubt it.  I think Grayson stands a better chance but I would be surprised if either makes their debut…although I think both should.

Yea I agree. Hoping at least one can break camp with the team next year. 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2021 at 7:16 PM, MurphDogg said:

He was clearly focusing on his offspeed pitches. I dont think he threw even 30 percent fastballs. Just dominating with the curveballs and change ups. Fastball was sitting 96-97. One pitch was clocked at 101 in the first inning.

So he's been dominant while primarily working on the pitches he's trying to improve on.  That's impressive - though I'm assuming that he has good command of his fastball - which might not be the case?   It hasn't been the case with Tanner Scott - who's most comfortable throwing sliders - despite having a 98 MPH lefty fastball.  If he does have command of his fastball, it appears that the sky is the limit.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, orioles22 said:

Strikes out 10 in 4 2/3, but can't get through five innings after being staked to a 6-1 lead....four walks

It is a bit misleading in runs given up though and stat line. He had two outs in the 5th when he got a third called strike but was a wild pitch(not sure how you get called third strike and wild pitch).  He then walked a guy and was pulled and the reliever gave up 3 run homer.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Minor League Depth Chart

2021 Prospect Power Rankings

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...