Tony-OH

Prayers and good thoughts for weams (Update: Weams has passed on after watching the O's beat the Yankees)

I am very sorry to hear this news, but confident that Michael will fight the disease with everything he’s got.    He’s a wonderful person and a huge asset to the Hangout.   He’ll be in my thoughts and prayers and I look forward to continuing to have him here at the Hangout for a long time.   

• Upvote 2

That's terrible. We've never met, but as someone who likes to pop in and out of the OH, @weams is a name I know very well and whose contributions to this community I value.

Prayers are with you and your family and hoping for a swift and full recovery!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Weams you're one of the reasons I enjoy the Hangout so much.  Thanks for all you do to help make the OH a daily destination for me and so many others.  Wishing you all the best as you navigate these health challenges.  You and your family are in my thoughts.  

• Upvote 2

Sorry to hear the news of your diagnosis, Michael, but know that you and your medical team will battle all the way.  Cancer has a way of interrupting many of our lives but with so many new treatments available, you will come out of this a stronger person.  Rita and I will be thinking of both you and Denise as you progress and get into remission.  As we move along into the spring season, I remember fondly the last time we hugged in Dunedin two years ago and plan to see you in Sarasota or wherever next year.  Talk to you soon!  Bob

1937094_225503145393_421375_n.jpg?_nc_ca

• Upvote 2

Though we have never actually met, you have always treated my direct inquiries to you like I was a lifelong friend.  It has meant a lot.  Prayers to you and JustD.  Prayers can work.  You will have tons of them.  But I am reminded by the words of John Steadman regarding Brooks Robinson.  You are an extraordinary human being, which is important.  And the Best Managing Editor of all time...which is incidental.  Just keep hanging on for the ride.  You got this!!!

• Upvote 1