Tony-OH

Prayers and good thoughts for weams (Update: Weams has passed on after watching the O's beat the Yankees)

31 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

My daughters, wife and I had a really sweet visit with Weams and Denise on Thursday of last week. We drove up from NC to see a couple of games in the Nationals series and made arrangements to see him our first afternoon up in PA. 

In the weekly video show during last year's lockdown, our daughters and I (family band) had on YouTube last year, we had a segment called "I Want My Daddy's Records" and we talked about a random armful of LPs on camera. Weams loved that segment and we agreed to do one with him while visiting with him. I'm about to put the finishing touches on it this evening and you'll find a YouTube of it here. For those who live a long ways off, it'll be a good way to visit with our dear friend and to hear him expound on a favorite subject of his. Music. JustD / Denise weighs in on quite a few as well. We look forward to sharing it soon. 

Awesome!  I await its publication on YouTube!

I hope to get up to the 'burg on a Baltimore trip near the end of August and will arrange for a visit with them if I am able.

• Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

My daughters, wife and I had a really sweet visit with Weams and Denise on Thursday of last week. We drove up from NC to see a couple of games in the Nationals series and made arrangements to see him our first afternoon up in PA. 

In the weekly video show during last year's lockdown, our daughters and I (family band) had on YouTube last year, we had a segment called "I Want My Daddy's Records" and we talked about a random armful of LPs on camera. Weams loved that segment and we agreed to do one with him while visiting with him. I'm about to put the finishing touches on it this evening and you'll find a YouTube of it here. For those who live a long ways off, it'll be a good way to visit with our dear friend and to hear him expound on a favorite subject of his. Music. JustD / Denise weighs in on quite a few as well. We look forward to sharing it soon. 

Mike has quite the vinyl collection.   Can't wait for the video.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, NashLumber said:

So here's the visit my family had with Weams and JustD a week ago. Hope you enjoy. It was a delight to see our old friends and to hear Weams comment on the random stack of vinyl that she pulled from his collection. JustD adds a lot to the conversation too!

I can't watch this at work but I'm upvoting it now and eagerly anticipating watching tonight at home.  Weams and JustD on the big screen!

• Upvote 4

Very well done, Nash.  That video should get numerous up votes; my regret is that I have but one to give.   

@weams has quite the eclectic collection.  Mike and @justD must have several hundred vinyl albums in their front room.    Blues Brothers, Cheap Trick, CCR, ELP, Heart, James Taylor...

People are nostalgic for vinyl again.  I had quite a few but sold most of them off in the early 80s to buy CDs instead.

Interesting Neil Young and Skynyrd in the same stack.  "Well I hope Neil Young will remember.  A southern man don't need him around, anyhow."

Yellow Submarine was one less album they owed the label under their contract.    Side two was all George Martin orchestrations.  It included one song that often gets overlooked.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

23 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

Very well done, Nash.  That video should get numerous up votes; my regret is that I have but one to give.   

@weams has quite the eclectic collection.  Mike and @justD must have several hundred vinyl albums in their front room.    Blues Brothers, Cheap Trick, CCR, ELP, Heart, James Taylor...

People are nostalgic for vinyl again.  I had quite a few but sold most of them off in the early 80s to buy CDs instead.

Interesting Neil Young and Skynyrd in the same stack.  "Well I hope Neil Young will remember.  A southern man don't need him around, anyhow."

Yellow Submarine was one less album they owed the label under their contract.    Side two was all George Martin orchestrations.  It included one song that often gets overlooked.

I enjoyed it muchly but when I gave my THUMBS UP, it was the first and there were two comments already and neither gave their thumb of approval.  Why wasn't your thumb up shown Tony?  Anyway, nice recap of @weams knowledge - I learned a few things and I am sure that @scOtt will have some commentary here.  Thanks @NashLumber!  Michael looks good!

• Upvote 2

On 7/28/2021 at 11:24 AM, TonySoprano said:

Mike has quite the vinyl collection.   Can't wait for the video.

QUITE a memorabilia collection too! Awesome stuff!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bobmc said:

Anyway, nice recap of @weams knowledge - I learned a few things and I am sure that @scOtt will have some commentary here.  Thanks @NashLumber!  Michael looks good!

I just saw this and I'm about to watch @NashLumber's video.

For now I'll just post this T-shirt my sister got me for my birthday.

Just to make you ALL jealous! :disco:

O's_HOFers_Abbey_Road_T.jpg

• Upvote 3

On 7/30/2021 at 4:18 PM, TonySoprano said:

I'm pretty sure that's really live in the studio, THE album version. Or 90% of it - I think they added some more barks and howls later. 😛

One of my very favorite Beatles songs and I was SOOOO glad when I first found that video on youboob!

• Upvote 1

On 7/30/2021 at 4:18 PM, TonySoprano said:

He sold me Ray Charles "What'd I Say" album (I think because he had two of them! 😛 ) off eBay and threw in several other goodies to boot. Mike is a legend.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

On 7/31/2021 at 6:22 PM, scOtt said:

I just saw this and I'm about to watch @NashLumber's video.

For now I'll just post this T-shirt my sister got me for my birthday.

Just to make you ALL jealous! :disco:

O's_HOFers_Abbey_Road_T.jpg

Score! That shirt combines my two biggest passions, Orioles and Beatles. 

@scOttDid you get to see the Weams video yet? I know you replied on the YouTube that you were still watching the Means performance. We mentioned you and Can of Corn near the end.