Tony-OH

Prayers and good thoughts for weams (Update: Weams has passed on after watching the O's beat the Yankees)

16 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Did they? I had the sound off (as usual) but I thought they might. Thought it more likely if Palmer was doing the broadcast, and since he wasn't I didn't listen.

What did they say?

Look at Tony’s post at the bottom of Page 23. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

https://www.orioleshangout.com/2021/09/05/honoring-michael-weams-williams-the-heart-and-soul-of-the-hangout/

We're having trouble with images appearing right now so I will update this with more once we get it worked out.

Very beautiful words @Tony-OH and you captured the spirit of Michael.  In many ways, he is hard to describe in words.  On Twitter he was a mystic at times - posting photos without a descriptor.  You had to guess what he was thinking.  Oftentimes with his music quotes, again, what was the man thinking?  It was a subtle reminder to you to think and figure it out.  I never once asked him why but just followed the music or the quote and figured it out by myself.  I loved that aspect of our friend Michael.

In the YouTube video that @NashLumberprovided, he finally expressed his thoughts and love for music and the background side musicians which he followed and remembered.    Again, thanks for this beautiful epitaph of the man Michael! 

Bob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, bobmc said:

Very beautiful words @Tony-OH and you captured the spirit of Michael.  In many ways, he is hard to describe in words.  On Twitter he was a mystic at times - posting photos without a descriptor.  You had to guess what he was thinking.  Oftentimes with his music quotes, again, what was the man thinking?  It was a subtle reminder to you to think and figure it out.  I never once asked him why but just followed the music or the quote and figured it out by myself.  I loved that aspect of our friend Michael.  Again, thanks for this beautiful epitaph of the man Michael! 

Michael really was "mystical" at times. That's a great way to describe him. Some people would misinterpret that but he was amazingly intelligent and very rounded.

• Like 3

Just seeing this.  Very sad. 

He was a great guy.  I only met him a few times but he was always very nice to me and definitely missed “talking” with him when I wasn’t on here.

Thoughts and prayers to Denise and family.

• Upvote 2

This made me cry. I’m crying now. In your last moments together, he was thinking of you and he wanted to say something affirming about you. He wasn’t thinking of himself, he was thinking of you. There are other signs of the quality of a human being that are as powerful, but I don’t think there are any that are more so.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

He was the Brooks Robinson of the Hangout for sure! 

What a wonderful and accurate compliment.  And while it's a sad time for us, it's magical and mystical that he passed on while the O's not just beat the Yankees but won a series against them.  He will have the best seat in the house when Adley makes his debut.  All my best wishes to justD.     

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1