Tony-OH

Prayers and good thoughts for weams (Update: Weams has passed on after watching the O's beat the Yankees)

On 10/10/2021 at 4:02 PM, justD said:

Was going through some of weams' things and ran across these three stray pics with the date Feb 1986 on the back.

The (?) signed balls are kept in the "shrine" next to a more recent photo of the three of them decades later. 

How fun is this? A fan for life. 

2021-10-10 013 (2).JPG

2021-10-10 014 (2).JPG

2021-10-10 015.JPG

That last picture... is as good as it gets.  Words can't do it justice. 

The young Cal pictures - maybe I'm seeing things, but if you put bangs on him, he looks like a young John Lennon.  Eddie Murray still looks like a star.  

• Upvote 1

I wrote JustD privately awhile back, but I will miss seeing all of the O's and Weams friends and loved ones. Love to all of you folks and especially to Denise. The memory of this fine man and his deeds will shine on and on.

On 10/14/2021 at 8:21 AM, Aristotelian said:

I may have missed it. Is there a charity that the family would like us to support in weams' name? 

Yes, this was posted in the other pinned thread at the top of the board:

"Family will be having a private viewing, but we will be planning a memorial celebration of Michael's life for later in the fall. Details will be forthcoming. Until then, in lieu of flowers, donations may be made to the Oriole Advocates' Charitable Fund in support of both their Cardboard to Leather and Challenger Baseball programs, at http://www.orioleadvocates.org/make-a-donation.html"

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, SteveA said:

Yes, this was posted in the other pinned thread at the top of the board:

Thanks for this.  I just donated.  I have a friend who has worked with this organization for 20 years or so - great group!  He did mention that Albert Belle was not his favorite player, however.  😇

I donated today and sad that I couldn’t get off work to attend. I tried to message @justDto give my regards privately but the system wouldn’t let me. Here I would just like to offer myself if she needs someone to talk to. I’m sure that many other folks here are also willing. Weams (Michael) was my best friend here at the hangout and it doesn’t seem real not seeing him post or sharing the occasional PM. 

Best,

Johnny

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Roll Tide said:

I donated today and sad that I couldn’t get off work to attend. I tried to message @justDto give my regards privately but the system wouldn’t let me. Here I would just like to offer myself if she needs someone to talk to. I’m sure that many other folks here are also willing. Weams (Michael) was my best friend here at the hangout and it doesn’t seem real not seeing him post or sharing the occasional PM. 

Best,

Johnny

His influence is felt and seen everywhere on this site.  I feel his presence in many of the discussions we continue to have.  We were lucky to have had him but his spirit carries on with many of us!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1