Tony-OH

Prayers and good thoughts for weams (Update: Weams has passed on after watching the O's beat the Yankees)

On 5/21/2021 at 9:52 PM, Frobby said:

Always, Tony.   Every day, whether I post in this thread or not.   I’m missing his regular presence here terribly, and praying like hell for him.  

Every. Day.

• Upvote 2

I certainly miss having weams around here as well. He's such a comforting presence and continue to pray that he will be able to one day return on a regular basis.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

I certainly miss having weams around here as well. He's such a comforting presence and and continue to pray that he will be able to one day return on a regular basis.

All of us miss his presence here, thats for sure.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I certainly miss having weams around here as well. He's such a comforting presence and and continue to pray that he will be able to one day return on a regular basis.

We all miss him very much.

• Upvote 2

I had to come out of "retirement" to wish you well Weams...you can do this!  One of the many things I remember about Weams was the way he lobbied to bring Anna Benson to Baltimore...he didn't care about Kris...just bring on Anna!  Get well...my prayers are with you.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Guess I'm coming out of the woodwork too.

Michael, you're one of the best.  So sad to hear of this.  I know you'll make the best of the time you're given, because you always do.

Prayers, love, peace

• Upvote 2

If you have anything else to say to Michael, please say it now. 

Michael will always be a part of the Hangout and in my heart. The Orioles Hangout community will always have a little bit of a hole without Michael.

He was my Managing editor, a fair moderator, but more importantly, he is my friend! 

Michael, no one fought harder my friend and if you are able to read this, your legacy here is cemented through all of the kindness and fairness you've shown to so many. Your love of Denise, the Orioles, and this site will always be remembered.

Godspeed my friend!

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Mike, there's absolutely no doubt you have made the Hangout a better place, and although I've only known you a few years I am confident you also have made the world a better place.   

I go through life and once in a while meet one of those special people that nobody doesn't like.   And you definitely fall into that category.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

I've already rambled too much on this thread.  Michael, I love you and I love what you have done for my family.  You've fought the good fight, and the world is a better place because of you..

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

all of the kindness and fairness you've shown to so many.

My first Hangout night many years back it started at Happy Hour pre-game (a quiet upstairs someplace on Pratt, un-Pickles).   I was fairly new to this community then, and was graced with your kindness for the better part of an hour just having beers and looking forward to that night's game.

Thank you for all you did to make me feel welcomed then, and setting the tone so very well for all here for all these years.

Godspeed, Michael.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for always handling everything with class Michael.  We do truly miss your contributions around here.

I always enjoyed your status update beneath your avatar: "Hanging on, for the riding".  Or was it "Riding on, for the hanging"?  Either way it made me chuckle every time I saw it.  Prayers continue for you.

• Upvote 1