Tony-OH

Prayers and good thoughts for weams

5 minutes ago, weams said:

It gets lonely in the middle of the night when the sleep runs out

When I saw that Roy had started a thread about you I feared the worst and my heart sank out of my chest and got crushed on the floor.

I'm so glad that you're doing even a bit better. I think about you often and am still sending all the positive vibes that I can!

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Moose Milligan said:

Hey man, I’m here. 

Did you see that ass kicking we gave the Mets today?

My in-laws are lifelong Mets fans.  The only Mets post my sister-in-law posted on facebook this year was when they beat the O's.   Well, karma's a beyotch and so is she.  Returned the gesture.

June O's have already matched May's win total.  Hang in there, Mike.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, weams said:

Yes, I’m actually doing a bit better, which is kind of strange, so maybe those thoughts are reaching someone thanks.

o

Thank you so much for this update, Mike. Even just a little bit of improvement is great news to me.

o

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, weams said:

Yes I’m actually doing a bit better which is kind of strange so maybe those thoughts are reaching someone thanks.

I'm still praying for you every day my friend! I love you man!

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Weams, we've never met in person, and that might be part of what has kept me out of this thread and the one Roy started—some sense, justified or not, that I don't really have any business here among the folks you count as friends, or that well-wishes from a lurker and rando might not be of any comfort or value to you in a trying time. But those are my hang-ups. Seeing your recent posts has been heartening to me, and I just wanted to tell you that I have thought of you—and your warmth, wisdom, and wit, so abundant in your myriad contributions to the board over the years—every time I've visited the site since the news of your illness was disclosed. It's my fervent wish that things continue to trend up for you. Be well and fight hard.

Peace,

Brian

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

So happy to hear you're doing a bit better, Weams! 

Through all my years of contributions to this board, Weams stands out as the one (along with Tony) who has been the most friendly and supportive.

It has meant a lot to me, and I wholeheartedly chime in with the appreciation for everything you've given to this community. Breathe it in, my friend! :)

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, weams said:

It gets lonely in the middle of the night when the sleep runs out

Bob Dylan just hit 80 and I think he could do something with that line!

Weams, I don’t know you personally and though I joined the Hangout 15 years ago and check in multiple times daily year ‘round, I only have about 80 posts!   I long ago realized you were “the man” here and truth do tell when you upvoted me on a few of my random posts it was a special thrill!  Thanks!

Thoughts and prayers for a full recovery!

Here’s some Bob with The Band ......

https://youtu.be/P1fSVbBwVX8

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

I haven’t been on here as much over the last year and half or so but no idea how I’ve missed this…

I am so sorry to see this. While I have never met Weams, I know he is a great guy just by all the things I’ve read about him and my interactions with him on this board over the years. I’ve been on here probably for like 13 years or so(when I was still in my teen years.) I’ve always respected and loved to see his opinions on all thing Orioles. 

I promise that you and your family will be in my prayers and thoughts. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1