Tony-OH

Prayers and good thoughts for weams

All the best to you and your family. It obvious how much you mean to the people who know you personally. I appreciate everything you do here at the Hangout. 

You are in my thoughts and prayers. 

• Upvote 2

Michael, best of luck, hoping for a full recovery.  You're one of the great guys of the Oriole community, and have been one of the true mainstays of the Hangout forever.

• Upvote 4

I missed this also.  I was fortunate enough to meet Weams at an O's game briefly (and Tony and ScOtt) quite a few years ago, one of the really good people.  Thinking about you Weams, hang in there and beat this thing!

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

Been quite a few years since I posted on here, but I want to wish you nothing but the best Weams. You’ve always been someone that I really respected and liked. I can’t think of anyone that has a better attitude and mindset for facing something like this. Be strong. You got this. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't post here a lot but I come here every day to read everyone's comments and I certainly enjoy Weam's posts! I'll be praying for Michael and Denise!

• Upvote 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Minor League Depth Chart

2021 Prospect Power Rankings

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• John Means cheating???
    • IMO If the O's were ahead in the standings at the trade deadline Adley would be in the majors, Galvis and Matt Harvey would stay if they were doing well.  Elias is all about the future but he is not about to give up on a first place team.    I think if the O's are within 3 games of the division lead in late July they will hold with what they have and promote Adley.  If they are more than 3 back they will be sellers.   At 7 back already they are very likely sellers. JMO.
    • They would and should do the Miller trade 100 times out of a 100.
    • Just a small caveat to your post... I think our record has NOTHING to do with it. Even if we were one game back (or ahead) at the trade deadline, Elias would trade his mother if he thought it helped the organization long term. No Angelos/Duquette trading prospects for short-term chances for Elias. I'm looking at YOU EdRod!
    • F cancer! I lost a good friend to leukemia about 15 years ago. 28 years old and newly married.
    • With he O's already 7 back in the standings it likely that Matt Harvey, Freddy Galvis and Pedro Severino will to on the trade block in July.   Harvey and Galvis because they are free agents at the end of the season.  Severino because he will be in in 2nd arbitration year and the O's are probably not going to want pay him.  They probably will not offer arbitration so if any team will  offer something in trade for him at the trade deadline the O's will probably move him.  Adley will be the O's starting catcher in 2022. Harvey leaving would just make more room for Kremer, Lopez, Akin, Zimmermann, Lowther  and at some point Baumann in the rotation. If Galvis goes  Valaika and Urias would take over the SS duties.   I look for Wilkerson to be promoted soon and given a shot at 2B.  Franco has no trade value IMO and will probably stay the season at 3B.   Valaika, Urias, Ruiz and Wilkerson all have options so they can be moved up and down to Norfolk depending on production and health.   Jones and Bannon don't appear ready for the majors to me and are already being challenged for their AAA spots by Vavra and Dorrian.   I don't think Richie Martin makes it through the season on the 40 man roster if he continues his poor hitting.  They can use his roster spot for someone else. Sisco, Wynns and Cumberland will share the catching duties  if Severino is traded until Adley is ready.  I don't expect Adley to be promoted to the majors this season. Santander, Wilkerson and Cumberland could help the O's offense.   I don't know whether Cumberland catching would be a good thing for the young pitchers though.  i think of him   more as a hitter.  
    • I'm still sticking to my prediction, exactly 70 wins.
  • Popular Contributors