fansince1988

25% Capacity 11,000 fans for Opening Day 2021

3 minutes ago, TAMC said:

I have the 29 game plan and we were moved to same row one section farther from home, e.g., about 20+ seats worse.  We have had our plan for many years in the same seats, but were told take it or leave it.  We'll see how this works out, but we may well "leave it" after this year.  

Only so much they can do unfortunately. Pretty much everybody's seats have to get at least  little worse to make room. I would probably prefer one section over vs 5+ rows back but nobody is going to be totally happy.

It looks like this will just be for April and May with vaccination availability expanding rapidly.

My guess is that you will be able to make good money if you sell your Red Sox and Yankees tickets, as non-season ticket holders won't have access to any decent seats.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, interloper said:

Of all the things to be upset about right now... honestly. 

Well, if you noticed, I quoted the statement that 29 game packages were keeping their normal seats.  My irritation with the O's is not about the seating change.  Actually, I was somewhat surprised that we were so close to our usual seats.  One of our friends with a 29 game package was moved from 16 to 8.  I will say that I have followed the O's and had season tickets since the early 90's and watched some good teams and a lot more bad ones.  The reason is that we enjoyed the game experience compared to watching on TV.  Some of the restrictions they have placed on things carried into the stadium -- no water, no snacks, for example, that do not seem COVID-related to me -- substantially change the game day experience for me and significantly increase the potential cost especially on a hot day when you need a drink.  As I said, we'll see how all that goes this year biefore we do anything.  In the meantime, a mild statement of dissatisfaction on a board that someone from the O's might read is not deserving of a snarky comment.

2 minutes ago, TAMC said:

Well, if you noticed, I quoted the statement that 29 game packages were keeping their normal seats. 

I didn't say that they were keeping their normal seats, just that they would have the same seats for all games under the pandemic restrictions.

As far as the food and drink, I can see how it is all about getting everyone through the gates as fast as possible limiting time around other people. Hopefully an exception will be made for bottled water.