Il BuonO

Bruce Zimmerman 2021

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

That’s three very solid outings for Zim.    Too bad his run support was lacking.   He used it all up in that first start!

I was only following on GameDay, but he seemed to be losing command in the final inning, based on the pitch locations I saw.   And on the day, he only threw 57% strikes.   Still, he did a nice job.  

Not as good as his first 2 starts, but he didn't have his good stuff, his good FB and command. GUTTED it out tho. Ben was impressed that he did.

42 minutes ago, scOtt said:

Not as good as his first 2 starts, but he didn't have his good stuff, his good FB and command. GUTTED it out tho. Ben was impressed that he did.

The offense needs to start scoring some runs. Three runs total today in two 7 inning games. 

2 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

The offense needs to start scoring some runs. Three runs total today in two 7 inning games. 

Just a few more seasons of tanking and the O's will have the making of a fine offense in the minors.

Just be patient.

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

That’s three very solid outings for Zim.    Too bad his run support was lacking.   He used it all up in that first start!

I was only following on GameDay, but he seemed to be losing command in the final inning, based on the pitch locations I saw.   And on the day, he only threw 57% strikes.   Still, he did a nice job.  

9 baserunners, including 2 home runs.  Only 2 strikeouts. That’s a really poor outing in my opinion.  But I didn’t watch the game. 

1 hour ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

This offense isn't going to score runs consistently.  I've said it before, I'll say it again...too many strikeouts, low OBP.  This team will slump and slump hard.  Boom or bust.

12 minutes ago, Moose Milligan said:

This offense isn't going to score runs consistently.  I've said it before, I'll say it again...too many strikeouts, low OBP.  This team will slump and slump hard.  Boom or bust.

Most definitely and too many Orioles have started out the season in a slump. So it's mighty tough sledding right now. Zimmerman pitched well enough to win if he got any support from the offense. 

I just wonder.   Could it be that in recent years we drafted mostly Pitchers, if we did, because that is where  rebuilding usually begins.  Now it is painfully obvious that position players are so mediocre that they cannot hit good at all, with 1 or 2 exceptions,  up and down the batting order?    Have thought about this for a while, and wonder if that is correct?  

20 minutes ago, Three Run Homer said:

I knew Walter Johnson. Walter Johnson was a friend of mine.  

o

Young man, you're no Walter Johnson.

o

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

Dont hold you're breath. 

o

In 7 out of their last 8 games, the Marlins' offense scored a total of 47 runs (an average of 6.7 runs per game) ...... the one exception was when they were shut out by a score of 1-0 by the Giants on Sunday.

FLORIDA MARLINS ))))) (APRIL 21st)

Jasrado "Jazz" Prince Hermis Arrington Chisholm, Jr. - 2B

Miguel Elias Rojas Naidernoff - SS

Jesus Aguilar - 1B

Adam Duvall - RF

McKenzie Corey Dickerson - LF

Lewis Brinson - CF

Jonathon David "J.D." Berti - 3B

Sandy David Leon Lopez - C 

Trevor J'Daniel Rogers - LHP )) (1-1, 2.40 ERA)

https://www.baseballpress.com/Lineups

o

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Minor League Depth Chart

2021 Prospect Power Rankings

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Yea I've been to two games this season, the win on Sunday (awesome game) and a loss a couple weeks back. During the first game the mask requirement was very strict. They had people walking around telling you to mask up in your seats if you weren't eating or drinking. This Sunday no one seemed to care. Some people had them on, some didn't, but I didn't see any ushers telling people to put them on in their seats. I suppose with the new CDC guidelines they may have opted for a more "we recommend it but don't require it" approach. I'm fully vaccinated and still wore my mask when walking around the stadium, but I was happy to take it off for the entire time I was in my seat this time around.   And I think one thing we can all agree on, Nats Park kinda sucks. Hope you have fun though, @RVAOsFan!
    • Was hoping this would happen by the end of the year. Hopefully he keeps up his hot start. If neither he nor Kjerstad drop off (certainly no sure thing), we could have 6 top 100 guys in the off-season lists (adding the 2021 #5 pick). Kjerstad seems more likely to drop off than Henderson in my opinion, I can't imagine they go far enough underslot for the #5 pick to not crack the top 100. Less than a 5 percent chance that Adley graduates and a 1 percent chance that DL Hall graduates in my opinion.
    • I’m still expecting offensive improvement over the remainder of the season but I must admit that the offense is worse than I thought it would be.     Mullins is far exceeding expectations but no one else is and a lot of players are below expectations.  Getting Santander back will be helpful, if he can start hitting and Mountcastle returning to form would be a huge boost. Just gotta wonder if we see improvement from C, 3rd and 2nd and if/when Mullins declines, how far is the drop?
    • Well, like I said, someone can go to Bowie. Between Henderson, Ortiz or Westburg, we can have someone in AA.  You can argue that either or all of them could be there imo. But generally speaking, you are correct. To me, it’s more important for Henderson and Westburg to play as much at SS as they can.  We need to figure out if those guys can stay there.  You should have some very solid idea by the end of the year...and perhaps, they already know but just in case you they don’t, you should be using this year to be sure. You know guys like Ortiz and Servideo can play SS, at least from the info we have heard.  If they have to play second base or the OF some this year while you figure out Henderson and Westburg, so be it.
    • My mental image of the 1960s is that it was a lot of low scoring pitchers duels with a lot of little shortstops bunting and stealing bases.  But the stealing bases part is all wrong.  In 1966 the Orioles had the best offense in the league and stole 55 bases all year, caught 41 times. The only teams to steal 100 bases were the White Sox and A's, and both of them were within 0.02 runs of being the worst offenses in the AL. In '66 the average AL team stole four fewer bases than the average AL team in 2019. In 1964 the Orioles were 4th in the majors in steals, but Luis Aparicio was the only player on the team with more than four.  Luis led the AL in steals nine straight years, but those included totals of 21, 28, 29, 31, and 40.
    • Can’t really argue with any of these on their own merits, but you do then face the question of how you reallocate the playing time to account for these changes.   For example, Joey Ortiz is hitting .295/.404/.458 at Aberdeen.   Good, but not necessarily promotion material at this early stage.    So what do you do with his playing time if Henderson and Westburg are suddenly both in Aberdeen as well?     Adam Hall is off to a slow start there, but are you going to demote him when he already played a full, successful season at Delmarva in 2019?     These are tricky decisions.   I can’t disagree with the idea that you look at the players who are most likely to be successful major leaguers, and when they are ready to move up a level, you move them up regardless of who else that affects.   But, it does make things more complicated when you’ve got other decent prospects who are going to lose playing time if a promotion is made.   
    • “Single-A Delmarva infielder Gunnar Henderson was named Low-A East League Player of the Week after going 10-for-23 (.435) with four doubles, a home run, 13 RBIs and seven runs scored.” https://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2021/05/diaz-going-on-injured-list-santander-completes-assignment.html
  • Popular Contributors