Jump to content
Tony-OH

TT: Analysis of Mac Sceroler's major league debut

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, wildcard said:

Obtuse!   Straight to solitary confinement with you.

Well it’s also rather equilateral.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Yossarian said:

Is the plan to develop him as a starter?  Or a closer?

I don't know how they plan to develop him but the O's need starters.   If Matt Harvey is good he will probably be traded in July.   Lopez is probably not a long term starter.   Baumann injury may be worst than thought.    And there are always injuries.   I have faith in Lowther.   GrayRod and DL are sometime in the future.   Certainly not this year and maybe later next year.  If Sceroler or Tyler Wells can turn into starters later this year there is a place for them in the O's rotation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, wildcard said:

I don't know how they plan to develop him but the O's need starters.   If Matt Harvey is good he will probably be traded in July.   Lopez is probably not a long term starter.   Baumann injury may be worst than thought.    And there are always injuries.   I have faith in Lowther.   GrayRod and DL are sometime in the future.   Certainly not this year and maybe later next year.  If Sceroler or Tyler Wells can turn into starters later this year there is a place for them in the O's rotation.

If we get through the season with them on the roster, they are probably ticketed for Bowie/Norfolk for the next year or two, and THEN perhaps would be contenders for a starting role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Philip said:

 

Well, its also rather equilateral.

 

o

 

I had to look that one up.

 

o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tony-OH

I don’t want to be a party pooper, and I really hope that there was nothing wrong with Sceroler today, but was there anything wrong with him today?

Wells gave up a home run but was fine otherwise(“aside from that, Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?”) so I guess I’m asking for him too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Philip said:

@Tony-OH

I don’t want to be a party pooper, and I really hope that there was nothing wrong with Sceroler today, but was there anything wrong with him today?

Wells gave up a home run but was fine otherwise(“aside from that, Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?”) so I guess I’m asking for him too.

I didn't see the game but will watch the video of his outing when I can. Sometimes you have bad days.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

His splitter/change up was nasty. From the parts I saw it looked like he just ran into a red hot lineup that their confidence was soaring sky high. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's see what he does in his next outing. 

I have to say, I just love Wells out there on the mound. He looks like he gives ZERO f's. Big dude, super intense look on his face, nice strut when he strikes someone out lol. Means nothing if he can't pitch of course, but so far he's done well. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like them both, but I trust Tony’s eye and he got really high on Sceroler and backed off his enthusiasm about Wells. But I’d like to keep them both. Wouldn’t mind seeing either replacing Lopez, either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Philip said:

I like them both, but I trust Tony’s eye and he got really high on Sceroler and backed off his enthusiasm about Wells. But I’d like to keep them both. Wouldn’t mind seeing either replacing Lopez, either.

Sceroler has more of a chance to stick as a starter one day from what I've seen so far, but Wells has a chance to be a decent reliever. I'd keep both for now, especially when this team still has Lopez and LeBlanc on the roster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tony-OH said:

Sceroler has more of a chance to stick as a starter one day from what I've seen so far, but Wells has a chance to be a decent reliever. I'd keep both for now, especially when this team still has Lopez and LeBlanc on the roster.

LeBlanc on the roster has me scratching my head a little. What do you think the thinking is there now that Plutko is on the team? Just biding time with him until they can get back to a 4-man bench? So many other pitchers could fill his role right now. It feels like a bit of an overcorrection with the innings issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...