LTO's

Grayson Rodriguez 2021

Just now, waroriole said:

You’d think with not even going 2 innings the last two starts, they’d let him pitch 5. At some point you have to treat him like a real pitcher. 

You can only do so much to protect them.  DL Hall still got hurt.

I can't wait to see folks complaining in three years when he can't go more than six innings.

15 minutes ago, waroriole said:

You’d think with not even going 2 innings the last two starts, they’d let him pitch 5. At some point you have to treat him like a real pitcher. 

I get it.   He’d thrown 89 pitches and was beginning to struggle with command.   Would’ve been OK with me if they pushed him, especially since a weak hitter was due up, but I understand why they pulled him. 

4 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I get it.   He’d thrown 89 pitches and was beginning to struggle with command.   Would’ve been OK with me if they pushed him, especially since a weak hitter was due up, but I understand why they pulled him. 

I could get it if they were high stress innings. 

He allowed two baserunners.

38 minutes ago, WarehouseChatter said:

Whenever I see him pulled in the middle of an inning, I hold my breath worried about injury!  Looks like this was clearly pitch count.  Good start!

He was at 89 pitches. 

18 minutes ago, Frobby said:

He wasn't really struggling with command anymore than he was all game. The walk was very questionable. It's pretty clear he's in a pretty strict pitc count (probably 90) and wasn't going to start a batter at 89 pitches.

3 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

He wasn't really struggling with command anymore than he was all game. The walk was very questionable. It's pretty clear he's in a pretty strict pitc count (probably 90) and wasn't going to start a batter at 89 pitches.

His previous high this year was 83 pitches.   They did let him go 90+ three times in 2019, including 100 one time.   

1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

59% str%.

Lots of pitches for less than 5 IP considering he only gave up 1 hit and 1 walk. 

Still, he was dominant.  

He was in deep counts on most at bats because he was just throwing too many uncompetitive pitches. He really didn't command anything particularly well but it goes to show you how dominant his stuff can be to AA hitters. 

The slider wasn't very sharp tonight but the split change had a lot of movement but he didn't throw a ton for strikes but did get some chase WHIFF with the pitch. His fast ball was his dominant pitch, even when it fell off to 93 MPH after around 75 pitches. 

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

He was in deep counts on most at bats because he was just throwing too many uncompetitive pitches. He really didn't command anything particularly well but it goes to show you how dominant his stuff can be to AA hitters. 

The slider wasn't very sharp tonight but the split change had a lot of movement but he didn't throw a ton for strikes but did get some chase WHIFF with the pitch. His fast ball was his dominant pitch, even when it fell off to 93 MPH after around 75 pitches. 

His command has been a little shaky his last 2 or 3 times out.  I wonder if it’s just a “rough spell” or if he is feeling any arm fatigue At this point or something like that?