Jump to content
LTO's

Grayson Rodriguez 2021

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, MurphDogg said:

Pulled after 3 innings, 34 pitches and not having allowed a baserunner. Curious. Hope it is just load management. 

If it leads to him getting time in AAA, I support it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read somewhere that the plan was to limit him to 100 innings.  After tonight he is at 98.  Do they pull the plug for the season?  I don't know what the right or wrong answer is to this either.  I don't think they know for sure.  I pretty much would think they wouldn't go more than 120 innings at the very most anyway.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I expected it was something like that. I wanted to get on here and check the first chance I got. I think it's over the top, like the pitch count, but having him ready for opening day next year is the first priority. I was hoping he'd get 4-5 starts at Norfolk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, accinfo said:

I read somewhere that the plan was to limit him to 100 innings.  After tonight he is at 98.  Do they pull the plug for the season?  I don't know what the right or wrong answer is to this either.  I don't think they know for sure.  I pretty much would think they wouldn't go more than 120 innings at the very most anyway.  

There’s only 3 weeks left, even if he’s promoted to Norfolk.   One week if he’s not.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad to finally make it out and see him pitch this year. Great outing, and he made it look easy. Of course I was disappointed he didn't pitch more than three innings, but in those three innings he dominated. I think his fastball topped out at 97, and he showed good command, even with his off-speed pitches. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, linedrive said:

I think his fastball topped out at 97

That is interesting. Earlier this year, he was sitting 98-99 and regularly touching 100.

Wonder if Harrisburg has a slow gun (or Bowie has a fast gun), just an off night (relatively speaking), or if the workload is starting to catch up to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MurphDogg said:

That is interesting. Earlier this year, he was sitting 98-99 and regularly touching 100.

Wonder if Harrisburg has a slow gun (or Bowie has a fast gun), just an off night (relatively speaking), or if the workload is starting to catch up to him.

I haven't seen Rodriguez sit 98-99 outside of a inning or two this year. He's been pretty solid 95-97, t98.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

I haven't seen Rodriguez sit 98-99 outside of a inning or two this year. He's been pretty solid 95-97, t98.

That is where he was on June 20th. I guess that may have been a high point, as that was the broken glove game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

I haven't seen Rodriguez sit 98-99 outside of a inning or two this year. He's been pretty solid 95-97, t98.

Not the game I went to (6/26).    He was sitting 98, frequently hitting 99, hit 100 a few times.   It was one of his better games (1 hit over 5 innings, 9 k’s I think).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

That is where he was on June 20th. I guess that may have been a high point, as that was the broken glove game.

 

37 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Not the game I went to (6/26).    He was sitting 98, frequently hitting 99, hit 100 a few times.   It was one of his better games (1 hit over 5 innings, 9 k’s I think).

Well again, I said the games I've seen. I haven't seen every game nor do I have access to radar readings for every pitch. I did see an inning or two where he was sitting there, but then I'd see/hear velocity readings in the 95-97 range. Now perhaps you guys have access to some kind of consistent radar readings for entire games but I'd be feel safer saying his velocity is 95-98, t99-100.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Minor League Depth Chart

2021 Prospect Power Rankings

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...