Sign in to follow this  
Sports Guy

Possible Orioles/Rangers deal???

You can also trade Miggy and get back some of the pieces you lose in a Tex trade.

Exactly...but then again we have DCab's replacement in the minors and on the DL

Bedard

Guthrie

Loewen

Penn

Olson

Why......would.....ARod........come.........here.?

What can we offer him that he can't get from LAA, LAD, BOS?

Let's not torture ourselves with this.

Here's the thing: we'd have to find out through some middle men whether Tex would want to extend here before we did this deal.....if he does, then why not just wait to get him in Nov 08? I don't even know whether Cab,Liz and Hoey would do it. If NYY loses Arod, maybe they offer one pitching prospect. Maybe TEX would take that over our three.

Why......would.....ARod........come.........here.?

What can we offer him that he can't get from LAA, LAD, BOS?

Here's the thing: we'd have to find out through some middle men whether Tex would want to extend here before we did this deal.....if he does, then why not just wait to get him in Nov 08? I don't even know whether Cab,Liz and Hoey would do it. If NYY loses Arod, maybe they offer one pitching prospect. Maybe TEX would take that over our three.

Mike, I think you are one of the ones who keeps saying this, and yet you and others refuse to answer this question. If Tex will not help us contend in 2008, then are you saying that you have already given up on the 2008 season BEFORE the 2007 season is even over?

Tex WILL help us next year, so you guys need to get over THAT comment. Now, whether he's a one year rental or not is another issue, but not helping us contend next year is just false!

Why......would.....ARod........come.........here.?What can we offer him that he can't get from LAA, LAD, BOS?

MONEY! Any more questions?

Teixeira the star most likely to be traded

"Baseball’s trade deadline without waivers is July 31, and the star player most likely to break free from Rumorville and land with another team is Texas Rangers first baseman Mark Teixeira. He wants out and recent criticism of management all but guarantees that he’ll get his wish.

"Teixeira ranks fourth all-time in most home runs in his first four MLB seasons (140 HRs 2003 through 2006; behind only Ralph Kiner 168, Albert Pujols 160 and Eddie Mathews 153) and at age 27, he should have lots more HRs left in him. He’s also won two Gold Gloves for fielding excellence.

He’s a switch-hitter, another reason he’s so valuable.

It has been said that the New York Yankees very seldom lose out on a player owner George Steinbrenner really wants, and he has to want Teixeira. The Yankees would have to give up some young pitching but he’d be worth it.

Other teams reportedly interested in Teixeira include the Los Angeles Angels, Los Angeles Dodgers, Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves, hometown Baltimore Orioles and San Francisco Giants."

Mike, I think you are one of the ones who keeps saying this, and yet you and others refuse to answer this question. If Tex will not help us contend in 2008, then are you saying that you have already given up on the 2008 season BEFORE the 2007 season is even over?

Tex WILL help us next year, so you guys need to get over THAT comment. Now, whether he's a one year rental or not is another issue, but not helping us contend next year is just false!

Well, you could ask the question is DCab + Millar + Hoey > Tex in terms of wins next year?

In all likelihood, they are but that is certainly not a definite.

In other words, it is no slam dunk that this move makes us a better team.

Many other moves need to be made with this one.

I don't think those three players net us Tex.

Cabrera would be the centerpiece of the deal in my opinion, and only a fool would trade a proven franchise cornerstone for the next 5-10 years for a 26(i think) year old pitcher who hasn't been consistent for a whole season, let alone an entire week.

I don't know much about Liz, but he's got to considered one of our top recruites (top 3 im thinkin) in order to pull off this trade. If Texas will do it, then Im all for it. I just don't think they will.

Of course he will. But that's not the issue. Neither is trying to contend every year a goal worthy of any team's aspirations. They'll keep coming back and playing the following summer.

BTW, i am not sure if any team is coming to the table with this type of offer.

So, if the Rangers really want to trade Tex, i take Hoey out of the deal and offer up another player or just do DCab/Liz for him.

I do think the Rangers would still go for this.

If you could take out Hoey and add another BP arm(not Ray) to this deal, it makes it even more enticing.

I would think the Rangers would like to get Bradford...Ground ball pitcher in that park.

I would hate to give up three young arms w/o the extension...

Keeping young arms hasn't done much for us. At some point you have to take a risk. Teixeira is worth that risk. He has said he wants to play in Baltimore, well now it's time to put his money where his mouth is. There would be pressure on him to sign a long term deal with the O's especially given the pieces that we'd be giving up. If he bolted for the Yanks he'd be public enemy #1 in Baltimore. That wouldn't be too good for his family either. And of course since Angelos wants Tex in an Oriole uniform so badly, he'd do everything short of giving Tex part ownership in the team to keep him here. The deal works for Texas and Baltimore. They get three promising young arms, we get our hometown big bat to market to bring fans back to the ballpark and send a message that we want to compete.

I'm not above getting him for next year. I just don't like the idea of sending 3 guys.

...and no, I don't think we're going to contend next year with or without him, so that does figure into my thinking. We'll still have the same bullpen.....other than Tex, we'll still have the same slap hitters all over the lineup.......we'll probably need a center fielder too.

It's not just one thing that I don't like about this deal: it's the 3 guys + rental aspect + we aren't going to contend + the fact that we could get him later + LF and bullpen are actually more pressing needs at the moment.

....and Tex went to my high school so I'd love to have him here.....but I'm thinking big picture first.