Jump to content
glenn__davis

Adley Rutschman 2021

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

By the way Abrams is 3 years younger than Rutschman

Yeah, I think I’ll wait more than one game before making judgments.   

In any event, what’s important to me is that Rutschman becomes a very good player.   If he is, but someone else turns out to be a little bit better, I’ll live with it.   
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Frobby said:

I noticed Rutschman played 1B today.  

He turned a nice 3-6-3 DP in yesterday's game. Looked natural over there so its good to see he should have a place to play when they want to give him time off from catcher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will say after strikeout filled spring training, it's not a good sign to see him strike out in 5 of his first 10 AA PAs. I'll be honest, he has huge holes in that upper cut swing and I'm not sure why this hasn't been addressed at this point. They had all spring and alt camp to watch this swing and it appears to be a one plane upper cut swing with lots of holes. 

He swings through a lot of pitches both fastball and curveballs. Maybe it's a timing issue, but his timing must have been off all spring so far because he was underwhelming in spring training and now has started off with a lot of miss. I've watched his PAs and they have mainly been against guys throwing 93 mph and above.

Just something to watch as he continues.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

I will say after strikeout filled spring training, it's not a good sign to see him strike out in 5 of his first 10 AA PAs. I'll be honest, he has huge holes in that upper cut swing and I'm not sure why this hasn't been addressed at this point. They had all spring and alt camp to watch this swing and it appears to be a one plane upper cut swing with lots of holes. 

He swings through a lot of pitches both fastball and curveballs. Maybe it's a timing issue, but his timing must have been off all spring so far because he was underwhelming in spring training and now has started off with a lot of miss. I've watched his PAs and they have mainly been against guys throwing 93 mph and above.

Just something to watch as he continues.

Do you also find it odd that he isn't even accidentally hitting more homers when he does make contact?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Legend_Of_Joey said:

Yeah, the Orioles said they aren’t going to run him into the ground and will give him reps at first and catcher, along with DH. 

Yea I don't care where in the field I just want him batting everyday 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, baltfan said:

Do you also find it odd that he isn't even accidentally hitting more homers when he does make contact?

It has been 9 at-bats. He hit a perfectly respectable 2 homers in 46 plate appearances at Delmarva. Give him a few months before writing his eulogy.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MurphDogg said:

It has been 9 at-bats. He hit a perfectly respectable 2 homers in 46 plate appearances at Delmarva. Give him a few months before writing his eulogy.

I’m just curious: When people include someone struggling and they struggled in Spring Training too, should it be included or no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Minor League Depth Chart

2021 Prospect Power Rankings

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...