Tony-OH

Adam Hall 2021

29 minutes ago, Tony-OH said:

He's not an org player for now, but he's a late Top-50 guy due to his contact issues, lack of power and defensive issues. He's worth continuing to follow but he looks a lot more like a Richie Martin type guy vs an everyday big leaguer.

If he can become a good defender at a few positions (including OF), he could be the bench guy you carry to have a plus runner in the late innings. But that's a luxury position. 

(but because of that I could also see him being taken in the rue 5 draft)

Edited by seak05

1 hour ago, seak05 said:

If he can become a good defender at a few positions (including OF), he could be the bench guy you carry to have a plus runner in the late innings. But that's a luxury position. 

(but because of that I could also see him being taken in the rue 5 draft)

I don’t see him getting taken in the rule 5. A guy like Mateo was on the waiver wire and cleared the whole NL. No team is carrying Hall. Heck he might repeat Aberdeen next year. He’s a fringe top 50 prospect that will have to fight for ABs next year whether that’s in Bowie or Aberdeen. 

The Delmarva explosion, and this most recent draft class, has really took some of the guaranteed ABs away from some struggling prospects. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RZNJ said:

Adam is looking to end the season well, batting leadoff, getting hits, AND taking walks.  

.697 OPS with 25 SB. Only 22. I don’t think we protect him from the rule 5, but he’s only 22 and is still filling out. If he’s a 2B that can put up a .700+ OPS in the MLB, then there is value there. Especially if he can sometimes play SS and CF. 

3 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

.697 OPS with 25 SB. Only 22. I don’t think we protect him from the rule 5, but he’s only 22 and is still filling out. If he’s a 2B that can put up a .700+ OPS in the MLB, then there is value there. Especially if he can sometimes play SS and CF. 

He's got a long way to go to be that kind of player.  He won't be protected or selected.   

7 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

He's got a long way to go to be that kind of player.  He won't be protected or selected.   

I don’t think the rule 5 even comes into play with him, but I think he’s earning ABs. Some guys just have to fill out. 

11 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I don’t think the rule 5 even comes into play with him, but I think he’s earning ABs. Some guys just have to fill out. 

He's 22 and been in the system 4 years.  He's still got plenty of time to make it but it might not be as an Oriole.

The thing I like about Hall is his baserunning.  Not only has he stolen 25 bases, he’s only been caught once.  That was in the second game of the year.    Since then, 23 straight without a CS.   Prior to this year, he wasn’t quite that efficient, but still had an 80% success rate.   His OBP has always been good, but not as good this year as in the past, mostly because his K rate has spiked from 22% to 29%.    That’s a big issue going forward considering his lack of pop.   I don’t see him being protected or claimed but I still consider him an interesting prospect.