Just Regular

Michael Baumann 2021

5 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

He can go to Norfolk and still see Baltimore this year.  He shouldn’t start anymore in AA.  He has recovered, has pitched well for a while and should be in AAA now.  

If you could only promote one of Rodriguez and Baumann to Norfolk right now, who would you choose?   I’d say Rodriguez is more deserving, but might choose Baumann both because he’s older and needs to get moving and because there’s a greater chance the O’s would consider moving him to Baltimore this year compared to Rodriguez for service time related reasons. 

You are not allowed to answer “both!”

3 minutes ago, Frobby said:

If you could only promote one of Rodriguez and Baumann to Norfolk right now, who would you choose?   I’d say Rodriguez is more deserving, but might choose Baumann both because he’s older and needs to get moving and because there’s a greater chance the O’s would consider moving him to Baltimore this year compared to Rodriguez for service time related reasons. 

I would say Baumann because he is 25 years old and he has logged over 340 innings in professional baseball.  If he pitches well in AAA you give him 1 or 2 starts in Baltimore.

36 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Grayson.  I don’t think the different ball matters that much but he’s the elite,  better prospect, so move him up.

Baumann in the majors is fine with me too.

6 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Actuall a tick or two lower than 2019, I think.

But in the 6th inning, that’s very good.   Who knows what he was throwing in the earlier innings.  (OrioleDog might, I think he attended in person.)

Glad to see Baumann have a good outing. I was really excited about his potential before covid. I don't get the concerns about his age though. He gets to Baltimore when he gets to Baltimore. I just want to see him back on track. In the big picture, does it matter if he gets to the majors at 26 or 28. How many pitchers have lasted a decade with the Orioles anyway.

13 minutes ago, Frobby said:

But in the 6th inning, that’s very good.   Who knows what he was throwing in the earlier innings.  (OrioleDog might, I think he attended in person.)

Isn’t that gun hot?

I would vote for Rodriguez. I don't want anyone moving up because of how old they are. I want to see them dominating. I'd like to see Baumann pitch well for at least a few weeks

He was emptying the tank there.   The first inning or two, he was slower.   The first touch of 94-95 I noticed wasn't until a few innings along, on a 2 out 2 strike pitch.   But he really seemed to pick up steam in the middle.

Hartford seemed kind of terrible, but at least he held serve, if not a little more.   On the Either/Or, I'd easily pick Rodriguez still.

4 hours ago, OrioleDog said:

He was emptying the tank there.   The first inning or two, he was slower.   The first touch of 94-95 I noticed wasn't until a few innings along, on a 2 out 2 strike pitch.   But he really seemed to pick up steam in the middle.

Hartford seemed kind of terrible, but at least he held serve, if not a little more.   On the Either/Or, I'd easily pick Rodriguez still.

As I said to a friend of mine, Hartford may be a terrible team (they’re the Orioles of the AA East at 21-58), but you’ve gotta love a team named the Yard Goats.   

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

As I said to a friend of mine, Hartford may be a terrible team (they’re the Orioles of the AA East at 21-58), but you’ve gotta love a team named the Yard Goats.   

Yard Goats, Rumble Ponies and Rubber Ducks. Some good options in that division.