Jump to content
Greenpastures23

Fans not wearing masks

Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Z

What an ignorant statement. You think the data used is made up?  
 

I had a lengthy post because it’s kind of hard to avoid this topic and was trying to engage in a conversation. That’s it.  

Please point to where I said the data you used was made up. 

Actually, don't. I really don't need you to show me where I didn't say that.  Who's ignorant now?

My point was: I really doubt anyone was interested in seeing a giant post that takes up your entire screen with posts on it.  You posted  comments from accounts with a very minimal amount of followers.  NONE of them are verified.  NONE.  This doesn't mean that they're BS, but it should be taken into account.     What in the world is Hold2LLC? Why should I care what they say?  Their twitter bio says they "invest intelligently in ourselves" - it doesn't say they are doctors, immunologists, or virologists. Moreover, Covid_clarity looks to be a clearly anti mask twitter who is picking on people consistently who endorse mask-wearing, so why would I believe their posts? Just because they say they "welcome all viewpoints" doesn't mean they actively do.     I don't like wearing a mask either, but if it keeps me safe, I'll do it. I'm going to start doing it anyway in cold & flu season because I hate being ill and it's a very easy step to make that has shown positive results.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, camdencrush said:

Please point to where I said the data you used was made up. 

Actually, don't. I really don't need you to show me where I didn't say that.  Who's ignorant now?

My point was: I really doubt anyone was interested in seeing a giant post that takes up your entire screen with posts on it.  You posted  comments from accounts with a very minimal amount of followers.  NONE of them are verified.  NONE.  This doesn't mean that they're BS, but it should be taken into account.     What in the world is Hold2LLC? Why should I care what they say?  Their twitter bio says they "invest intelligently in ourselves" - it doesn't say they are doctors, immunologists, or virologists. Moreover, Covid_clarity looks to be a clearly anti mask twitter who is picking on people consistently who endorse mask-wearing, so why would I believe their posts? Just because they say they "welcome all viewpoints" doesn't mean they actively do.     I don't like wearing a mask either, but if it keeps me safe, I'll do it. I'm going to start doing it anyway in cold & flu season because I hate being ill and it's a very easy step to make that has shown positive results.  

So it’s an ad hom attack. What do the number of followers have to do with the data? It’s either real or it isn’t. 

People without a blue check can’t say anything credible? 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eddie83 said:

So it’s an ad hom attack. What do the number of followers have to do with the data? It’s either real or it isn’t. 

People without a blue check can’t say anything credible? 
 

You just called me ignorant and now you're going to say I'm ad homming you???  I guess you're not interested in a discussion either! But you can take solace, really genuine people like @OsFan2001can back you up with racist, homophobic, and violent statements on the internet!

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, camdencrush said:

Good job showing your true colors there.

@eddie83 these are the guys who are on your side.  Good company, eh?

Excuse me?  Come on dude. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, camdencrush said:

You just called me ignorant and now you're going to say I'm ad homming you???  I guess you're not interested in a discussion either! But you can take solace, really genuine people like @OsFan2001can back you up with racist, homophobic, and violent statements on the internet!

Why do you think I started the conversation to walk away from it? 

You told me to go away basically  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Why do you think I started the conversation to walk away from it? 

You told me to go away basically  

 

Eddie, I'm confused.

You said that you wanted to have a discussion and you didn't like my short replies.  So I made a long one. You didn't like that one either, but your response was short and didn't say anything except something that I never said.  I think you're being intentionally dense here so there's not much left to say.  I think my point was very clear.  I didn't call you names (just returned a dig that you tossed at me, but certainly that hasn't upset you this much) and now I've got this jackwagon telling me to leave my children without a father.

As for the other comment I made regarding this cretin who is levying threats and hatred, I think it's pretty clear that was a tongue in cheek comment. If you want to have a discussion, you can DM me, no one needs to see this back and forth.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can we just close this thread which is obviously against board policy? I apologize for contributing to it in any way as it is clear that we are incapable of discussing anything beyond baseball without it becoming political.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, camdencrush said:

100% agree.  Was triggered by the Mike Flanagan thing. Would delete it if I could but I can’t.  Apologies to all.

It gave me an excuse to bust out a Fallacy Ref meme for the first time in awhile so I guess I can't complain too much 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2021 Orioles Stats

2021 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






  • Posts

    • Good assessment. I think we’re getting close enough to where we keep Mullins. However, we’re not going to win until we have a SP and some depth behind that SP.   We have Means, GR, Hall for 2023. Maybe Lyles if he pitches well, or if at least 1 emerges from our current group other than Means and Lyles. I just don’t see how we compete in 2023 otherwise.    Unless we really get blown away by an offer I think we wait and see what our SP looks like at the end of the year. Maybe $15mm per year SP next year. 
    • The Ravens are way too beat up in the secondary, even for a washed up Ben Roethlisberger. We're going to need Lamar to step up and have himself a game or I see a loss.
    • I don’t know what he’s going to sign for in Japan but we gave him $1.5 million last year. I’m sure if we offered him that same deal then he would’ve stayed here. It depends on what the Japanese team gave him. 
    • Here are some key monthly splits. Offense  March/April (12-14 record): 3.62 R/G (14th), .224/.282/.366 (14th in OPS), 0.96 HR/G (13th), .211/.291/.303 with RISP. May (5-23): 3.86 R/G (13th), .234/.307/.397 (8th), 1.07 HR/G (10th), .219/.311/.317 with RISP June (10-17): 4.85 R/G (8th), .255/.317/.420 (9th), 1.37 HR/G (9th), .288/.337/.446 with RISP July (10-12): 4.41 R/G (9th), .232/.303/.400 (10th), 1.23 HR/G (10th), .231/.309/.329 with RISP August (4-24): 3.86 R/G (14th), .250/.302/.432 (9th), 1.39 HR/G (6th), .214/.291/.303 with RISP Sept./Oct. (11-20): 3.90 R/G (14th), .237/.308/.391 (12th), 1.19 HR/G (7th), .225/.314/.398 with RISP Pitching  March/April (12-14): 4.01 ERA (8th), 5.00 starters (14th), 4.85 IP/S (11th), 2.81 relievers (5th), 7 of 12 saves May (5-23): 5.89 ERA (15th), 5.69 starters (15th), 4.63 IP/S (15th), 6.13 relievers (15th), 2 of 8 saves June (10-17): 6.38 ERA (15th), 7.42 starters (15th), 4.22 IP/S (15th), 5.40 relievers (14th), 6 of 8 saves July (10-12): 5.35 ERA (15th), 5.67 starters (12th), 4.62 IP/S (15th), 5.01 relievers (11th), 3 of 5 saves August (4-24): 7.43 ERA (15th), 7.20 starters (15th), 4.60 IP/S (13th), 7.69 relievers (15th), 1 of 4 saves Sept./Oct. (11-20): 5.84 ERA (15th), 5.05 starters (12th), 4.37 IP/S (12th), 6.63 relievers (15th), 7 of 17 saves   I’ve bolded a few things that really stood out to me.   On offense, we had four of six moths where we were absolutely terrible with RISP.    For context, the league average slash line with RISP was .255/.333/.422.   In particular, look at the slugging percentages with RISP in the four feeble months: .303, .317, .329, and .303.   Just goes to show how empty most of our homers were. As to pitching, the starters and bullpen were both very respectable in March/April and gave us false hopes for a fun summer.    They were both terrible thereafter, and I think an under-discussed aspect was how bad the bullpen was, not just in ERA but bottom line results in failing to preserve leads, especially over the last two months of the year.   If you want to see a significant improvement in the team’s record next year, a halfway respectable performance by the bullpen would go a surprisingly long way.  
    • A better order Better bring in a haul - Mullins, Hays, Means Some To little value; could gain much more value w/ good start to 2022 - Santander, Mancini, Sulser, Scott, Tate, Lyles Currently no value, but bc of age, service time, and/or potential to reach peak value, IF they were to perform WOULD have trade value - Fry, Lopez, Odor, Stewart    
    • I was shocked at first but did some research on the current market, and  1 year 7 million is spot on for Lyles to the O's
    • They have no current value, but this thread discusses potential to build value as well.
  • Popular Contributors

×
×
  • Create New...