Jump to content
UMDTerrapins

Jordan Westburg 2021

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Chaka Garcia said:

Some things to ponder - Does his struggle at Bowie, lower his prospect status with his sub 200 batting average? Also, does the 14 homeruns indicate future power growth once he fills out?

He's 22 and listed at 6'3" 203.  How much do you expect him to fill out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

To the east side?

His OPS is. We want to have SS prospects. We want to see guys promoted. Then when Westburg and Gunnar “struggle” a bit, then it’s an issue Westburg is making a 3 level leap this year. Gunnar played a handful of games above HS before this year. 
 

Everyone slumps. These are big time prospects. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, sportsfan8703 said:

His OPS is. We want to have SS prospects. We want to see guys promoted. Then when Westburg and Gunnar “struggle” a bit, then it’s an issue Westburg is making a 3 level leap this year. Gunnar played a handful of games above HS before this year. 
 

Everyone slumps. These are big time prospects. 

Was a Jefferson's reference.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/9/2021 at 9:08 PM, Can_of_corn said:

He's 22 and listed at 6'3" 203.  How much do you expect him to fill out?

He’ll probably be at least 220 lbs. Depends on what they do with him positionally. Mountcastle put on some weight this past year, in his legs particularly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jammer7 said:

He’ll probably be at least 220 lbs. Depends on what they do with him positionally. Mountcastle put on some weight this past year, in his legs particularly. 

If he's 220 does that move him off of short?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Can_of_corn said:

If he's 220 does that move him off of short?

Not sure. I see him as an athletic 3B, one who can cover a lot of ground with the current shift configurations. Tulowitzki was all that, ARod, Cal…IDK. Depends on where he adds the weight, what proportion. And I do not think he’ll add all of that next year. He may be more than his listed 203 right now. Those listed weights are often off by quite a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Minor League Depth Chart

2021 Prospect Power Rankings

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...