Jump to content
orioles22

Felix Bautista 2021

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We should be developing him with knowing that we have to protect him on the 40 man roster. We shouldn’t just give an arm like his away. 

I agree, we shouldn't lose an arm like his. I also think it's crazy to talk about trading Scott.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2021 at 3:00 AM, Orioles4Life21 said:

Best kept secret in our org at the moment in my opinion…

26 years old and only 13.1 innings in AA - with 11 walks.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/8/2021 at 3:00 AM, Orioles4Life21 said:

Best kept secret in our org at the moment in my opinion…

 

5 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

26 years old and only 13.1 innings in AA - with 11 walks.  

Shhhhhh…..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, eddie83 said:

Unlike Adley I think he could get a look in September. 

I wonder with the potential work stoppage this offseason whether they will try to keep these guy off the roster. Then again, he'll need to be added to the 40-man roster this offseason anyways so it may be a moot point.

 

37 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

26 years old and only 13.1 innings in AA - with 11 walks.  

Unlike Tanner Scott, the difference with Bautitsta is that he seems to be dominant, then will walk a guy, but he doesn't just show up and can't throw a strike at all. He doesn't throw a ton of non competitive pitches so although his control is not great, I think it's better than his walk total would appear. 

The guy literally has been sitting 99-101 when I've been watching him of late and he's an imposing figure on the mound.

It would be interesting to see how he adjusts to the major league ball and how the more patient AAA hitters try to wait him out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

I wonder with the potential work stoppage this offseason whether they will try to keep these guy off the roster. Then again, he'll need to be added to the 40-man roster this offseason anyways so it may be a moot point.

 

Unlike Tanner Scott, the difference with Bautitsta is that he seems to be dominant, then will walk a guy, but he doesn't just show up and can't throw a strike at all. He doesn't throw a ton of non competitive pitches so although his control is not great, I think it's better than his walk total would appear. 

The guy literally has been sitting 99-101 when I've been watching him of late and he's an imposing figure on the mound.

It would be interesting to see how he adjusts to the major league ball and how the more patient AAA hitters try to wait him out.

Thanks for that evaluation.  To me, it's bizarre that Tanner doesn't seem to trust his fastball - but does trust his slider - even though sliders are much less predictable.  Intuitiively, it seems to me that a Major League pitcher should always be able to command a fastball, but I guess that's not the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

Thanks for that evaluation.  To me, it's bizarre that Tanner doesn't seem to trust his fastball - but does trust his slider - even though sliders are much less predictable.  Intuitiively, it seems to me that a Major League pitcher should always be able to command a fastball, but I guess that's not the case.

I always remember that I heard Scott has a circulation problem that causes has hands to be very cold and tingle like they are asleep sometimes. Whether that's still the case I don't know, but it would explain why sometimes he has no feel for being able to throw a strike. It's why I never think he'll be consistent enough to be counted on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ruzious said:

Thanks for that evaluation.  To me, it's bizarre that Tanner doesn't seem to trust his fastball - but does trust his slider - even though sliders are much less predictable.  Intuitiively, it seems to me that a Major League pitcher should always be able to command a fastball, but I guess that's not the case.

I don't think your intuition is correct in this case. A lot of guys can "feel" a curve/slider better than a fastball. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ruzious said:

26 years old and only 13.1 innings in AA - with 11 walks.  

You forgot to mention that he punches out 17 per 9 and gave up 2 whole hits in those 13.1 innings. 
 

Im not crowning him yet I’m just saying he has shown dominant stuff and nobody is talking about him. I’ve seen every outing up close. He’s impressive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Orioles4Life21 said:

You forgot to mention that he punches out 17 per 9 and gave up 2 whole hits in those 13.1 innings. 
 

Im not crowning him yet I’m just saying he has shown dominant stuff and nobody is talking about him. I’ve seen every outing up close. He’s impressive.

I didn't mention the SO's because I was pretty sure that every single person here already knew it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ruzious said:

I didn't mention the SO's because I was pretty sure that every single person here already knew it.  

You’re the only one who knew he has a high walk rate then? 
 

Seemed more like you’re writing him off without the full context of how he’s performed. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2021 Orioles Stats

2021 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...