Sports Guy

Coby Mayo

He’s gotta be a candidate for most impressive looking swing in the system. Very excited to see how he’ll develop. How’s the hit tool? Does he stick at 3rd or move to RF?

1 hour ago, yark14 said:

He loooks like Ryan Mountcastle 2.0, with potentially a better glove.  I'm super excited about Mayo.

Nothing against Mountcastle but I hope he is the patient version (seems like it so far) with defense (seems like it so far).

4 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

Nothing against Mountcastle but I hope he is the patient version (seems like it so far) with defense (seems like it so far).

Going by memory, but I recall he has a strong arm. That's Mountcastle's weakness.

Just now, LookinUp said:

Going by memory, but I recall he has a strong arm. That's Mountcastle's weakness.

That is definitely the biggest difference.

I saw Higgins the college slugger "3B" was one of the laundry list signings this afternoon....I guess next 2 months Mayo and him could have a Westburg-Gunnar Old Guy-Young Guy type battle for FCL/Delmarva 3B reps.

35 minutes ago, LookinUp said:

Arm grade of 70 and was mid 90's off the mound. Would do well in RF if he's unable to handle third.

3/4 so far today with a double and another stolen base.  Currently has a .333 average with a .993 OPS. Mayo, and perhaps Baumler to a lesser extent, were always going to be under the microscope with the underslot strategy but it's even more intense now with Kjerstad dealing with his illness. Couldn't ask for a better start so far for Mayo.