Frobby

FCL happenings

2 minutes ago, waroriole said:

So aggressive……I’m just asking man. 

He’s the first pitcher listed. What do you think happened? Did the game get 1/2 an inning in? It’s possible. 

I don't know exactly what happened.  What I do know is that he pitched 3 innings on August 24th so there is nothing to be concerned about.  That's all.  No worries.  

23 hours ago, RZNJ said:

I don't know exactly what happened.  What I do know is that he pitched 3 innings on August 24th so there is nothing to be concerned about.  That's all.  No worries.  

Rangel is pitching today.  One scoreless inning so far.  

The FCL orioles black team is playing two today.   In game two, Deson with a leadoff homer in 1st AB and double in AB #2.   Now batting .357, with 3 homers, .917 OPS, and 10 steals in 12 attempts.    There's a lot to dream on with this guy.   Just turned 19 in July.    The FCL O's black team has only 2 hits today.  He has them both.

So, the Orioles as of right now have the two leading hitters for average in the FCL with Deson at .370 and Moises Ramirez at .320.   Both are also in the top 10 in OPS.    Good times!

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

So, the Orioles as of right now have the two leading hitters for average in the FCL with Deson at .370 and Moises Ramirez at .320.   Both are also in the top 10 in OPS.    Good times!

I’m curious what list you’re looking at.  The one on BB-ref (not updated for today) has 9 guys batting over .370 and 27 over .320.   https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/leader.cgi?type=bat&id=4f24003b.  Maybe the list you’re looking at has a higher threshold for plate appearances than this one.  

Just now, Frobby said:

I’m curious what list you’re looking at.  The one on BB-ref (not updated for today) has 9 guys batting over .370 and 27 over .320.   https://www.baseball-reference.com/register/leader.cgi?type=bat&id=4f24003b.  Maybe the list you’re looking at has a higher threshold for plate appearances than this one.  

https://www.milb.com/florida-complex/stats/batting-average

Some guy just snuck in ahead of Ramirez for 2nd place with a .327 average.

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

Looks like they require 2.8 PA per game, which is about 98 - 118 PA depending on the team the player is on.  The BB-ref list goes down to 39 PA.

I like your list better!

Deson did not show up on the list until after the second game of the DH.   I was comparing his PA to Ramirez to figure out how close or far away from qualifying he was.  

Deson is also 7th in OBP, 8th in SLG, and 4th in OPS on the milb.com list.   Pretty impressive, especially considering he’s in the youngest 20-25% of the league as well.   The median age of hitters is 19.9, Deson is 19.1.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, RZNJ said:

I wonder if they think Moises has the kind of ability that Mountcastle had at that age - though Mountcastle was certainly farther ahead - playing at Delmarva at 19.     

6 minutes ago, seak05 said:

Several moves made today, Janvrin went to Aberdeen 

Could Cowser be getting a bump to Aberdeen? Delmarva already has a crowded OF. Aberdeen pretty much just has Lamar Sparks that is the only OF “prospect” they have.