Jump to content
Sports Guy

No more masks!

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Honesty is not something I expect from owners of professional sports teams.

No of course not…just wish they would give it to us from time to time.  At least then you may have some level of respect for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sports Guy said:

No of course not…just wish they would give it to us from time to time.  At least then you may have some level of respect for them.

Aw come on.. everyone loves disrespecting ownership. It's a lot more fun taking shots at them than saying, "What an impressive group of people!!!!!"

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

No of course not…just wish they would give it to us from time to time.  At least then you may have some level of respect for them.

It would be great if more businesses operated with the honesty and integrity of pawn brokers and automobile extended warranty sales staff.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, BRobinsonfan said:

It would be great if more businesses operated with the honesty and integrity of pawn brokers and automobile extended warranty sales staff.  

Or those jewelry places in the mall.  😉

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, BRobinsonfan said:

It would be great if more businesses operated with the honesty and integrity of pawn brokers and automobile extended warranty sales staff.  

Actually, lots of pawnbrokers are pretty honest people and don’t screw you over like so many other stores do.

Definitely a few bad apples though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Actually, lots of pawnbrokers are pretty honest people and don’t screw you over like so many other stores do.

Definitely a few bad apples though.

The ones in my city here in NY pay about 10% of the value of the gold they buy. They do that to mitigate the probably that the item is going to be taken by the police because it was stolen and they don't want to lose their shirts. It's funny watching them buy 80" flatscreen TV's for 50 bucks too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Malike said:

The ones in my city here in NY pay about 10% of the value of the gold they buy. They do that to mitigate the probably that the item is going to be taken by the police because it was stolen and they don't want to lose their shirts. It's funny watching them buy 80" flatscreen TV's for 50 bucks too. 

Sure…so much stuff gets taken from them and they don’t get the money back or anything.

Thats still a rip off though..they should pay more.

Hell, you can buy 80” TVs for so little now, you have to pay nothing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Sure…so much stuff gets taken from them and they don’t get the money back or anything.

Thats still a rip off though..they should pay more.

Hell, you can buy 80” TVs for so little now, you have to pay nothing.

It's still funny to me that people will sell a 1-3k TV for 50 bucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Malike said:

It's still funny to me that people will sell a 1-3k TV for 50 bucks.

Well, some of them are just pawning it and will get it back.  

But it’s actually more sad than funny in a lot of ways.  People just get themselves in bad ways and actually need that $50 to get by.  You have to know when you are getting played vs a real story but it’s always sad.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Well, some of them are just pawning it and will get it back.  

But it’s actually more sad than funny in a lot of ways.  People just get themselves in bad ways and actually need that $50 to get by.  You have to know when you are getting played vs a real story but it’s always sad.  

Do you have to report every transaction to the PD in MD? Some places in NY you have to and they have to denote if it's a buyback. 99% of the transactions are not, they are items new in boxes that after a 10 day period they are sold on eBay. Sorry for the derail, but it might be for the best lol.

I do agree some people are just down on their luck and that's sad, but the vast majority are repeat sellers here. It's amazing how many TV's and tools they have lying around new in boxes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Malike said:

Do you have to report every transaction to the PD in MD? Some places in NY you have to and they have to denote if it's a buyback. 99% of the transactions are not, they are items new in boxes that after a 10 day period they are sold on eBay. Sorry for the derail, but it might be for the best lol.

Yes we do..and then hold it for 18 days.  I never was in pawn side in terms of things other than jewelry but when buying stuff like gold and silver, having to hold it for 18 days is tough because the price can change dramatically in that time frame.  That has to be factored in when you buy something.

Every state has different laws though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

Yes we do..and then hold it for 18 days.  I never was in pawn side in terms of things other than jewelry but when buying stuff like gold and silver, having to hold it for 18 days is tough because the price can change dramatically in that time frame.  That has to be factored in when you buy something.

Every state has different laws though.

Agreed, but it does help people recover stolen jewelry which is always nice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Malike said:

Agreed, but it does help people recover stolen jewelry which is always nice.

It’s a necessary business in a lot of ways.  
 

It’s also a great business to be in if you do it right because no matter how the economy is, you are in good shape.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Minor League Depth Chart

2021 Prospect Power Rankings

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...