Much like my Wieters in Hawaii thread, and Orioles in the AFL, I intend to chronicle the Teixeira chase and contain all things regarding the Orioles and their battle vs. other teams for the hometown slugger in this thread. Other posters can feel free to post all things about the pursuit of Tex in this thread as well.

So sit back and enjoy folks. This is the offseason we've been waiting for and the Orioles have been waiting for...

Edited by JTrea81
  • Upvote 1

For the first bit of news, Jayson Stark was on the 1 AM SC and said that if the Angels don't pony up the cash to sign Tex, the Orioles are the most interested team that wants to overpay Tex.

For the first bit of news, Jayson Stark was on the 1 AM SC and said that if the Angels don't pony up the cash to sign Tex, the Orioles are the most interested team that wants to overpay Tex.

Yeah... I just saw that as well. He said the Angels will offer an 8 year $160 million contract. We might get him for an 8 year $175 million offer).

Yeah... I just saw that as well. He said the Angels will offer an 8 year $160 million contract. We might get him for an 8 year $175 million offer).

Actually he said that if the Angels don't offer an amount of 8/160, the Orioles were waiting to overpay for his services...

The Angels have not yet offered 8/160 that we know of...

AHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Man, I love this forum. I needed that laugh. Thanks guys.

I hope that we get him, but Angelos would most likely then offer 5/$90, and then make some hairbrained excuse about how a person should put aside material gain to return to his hometown.

MSK

He also said that he thought the Angels would have to probably offer a 8/160 deal to keep Tex. I thought I had read the Angels were thinking more along the lines of a 6/105-110 contract.

I think the O's will have to come in and offer a deal along the lines of 8/175 to get Tex to sign.

If I'm the O's, I come out quick with Tex and Burnett, because once CC is off the market, the Angels may turn to focusing more on Tex. I think the Angels start off going for Sabathia.

I'd offer Tex 8/160 right off.

Offer Burnett 4/64 with an option friday, and he may be dotting the I's and crossing the T's by the weekend. I really believe Burnett will be an easier sign then Tex, and that one could be done quick.

Of course, then there's the Andy MacPhail factor. Gotta kick the tires a few weeks/months first.

I really hope Angelos tells Andy to step aside, I got this one on both Tex and Burnett. I don't care if its meddling or not. Get it done!

• Upvote 1

I hope that we get him, but Angelos would most likely then offer 5/$90, and then make some hairbrained excuse about how a person should put aside material gain to return to his hometown.

MSK

Apparently you haven't been reading the latest info over the past couple weeks regarding the O's and Tex...

Actually he said that if the Angels don't offer an amount of 8/160, the Orioles were waiting to overpay for his services...

The Angels have not yet offered 8/160 that we know of...

You're right. I thought I typed that, because that's what I meant.

Apparently you haven't been reading the latest info over the past couple weeks regarding the O's and Tex...

Actually, I have been following the news closely:

1) Orioles express interest.

2) Tex goes to Braves.

3) Orioles express interest.

4) Tex goes to Anaheim.

5) Orioles express interest.

6) Red Sox, Angels, and Yankees decide they may want in on the sweepstakes.

7) Orioles express interest.

Angelos says a lot of things. I am a cautious optimist when it comes to Orioles activity on the FA market.

They can't even seem to hold onto the good guys they already have (BRob, Nick).

I want this to happen more than anybody else, I just don't trust Angelos one bit.

MSK

Much like my Wieters in Hawaii thread, and Orioles in the AFL, I intend to chronicle the Teixeira chase and contain all things regarding the Orioles and their battle vs. other teams for the hometown slugger in this thread. Other posters can feel free to post all things about the pursuit of Tex in this thread as well.

So sit back and enjoy folks. This is the offseason we've been waiting for and the Orioles have been waiting for...

I'm shocked -- shocked -- that you would take the time to chronicle the Tex chase. Didn't know you had an interest in this guy. ;)

I don't know why. When it's all over, nothing of any significance is going to happen.

• Upvote 1

Guest JChav
I don't know why. When it's all over, nothing of any significance is going to happen.

Whichever side doles them out, the "I told you so's" are going to be gloriously entertaining.

Guest JChav
Actually, I have been following the news closely:

1) Orioles express interest [for offseason 2008, not trading].

2) Tex goes to Braves.

3) Orioles express interest [for offseason 2008, not trading].

4) Tex goes to Anaheim.

5) Orioles express interest. [for offseason 2008, finally!]

6) Red Sox, Angels, and Yankees decide they may want in on the sweepstakes.

Angelos says a lot of things. I am a cautious optimist when it comes to Orioles activity on the FA market.

They can't even seem to hold onto the good guys they already have (BRob, Nick).

I want this to happen more than anybody else, I just don't trust Angelos one bit.

MSK

Fixed the missing info for ya. And cut the list down to 6, being our interest didn't actually "go away" to qualify again when reason no. 6 occurred.:laughlol:;)