You and me both, pal.

They're already there and infuriating. Now they'd just be wearing the jersey of a hired gun that HAPPENS to be from around here. Which really really really doesn't matter that much to players by and large these days. It was nice to hope that it might give us more of a chance, but in the end, you can't pin your hopes and dreams to local guy because he's a local guy. Or else you spend an awful lot of time on the ledge.

Good. Let him go play for the Nats for 2 or 3 years, demand a trade to a contender a la ARod, and if our young pitching has developed as expected by then and he hasn't started declining we can pick him up for a few prospects with the Nats paying at least 1/4 of his salary. :laughlol:

I'd rather pick him up without trading anybody.

I haven't received any news this morning but Bigbird sure didn't get good news. We'll see. I am trying to make contact with my guy.

I am not surprised in the least.

They're already there and infuriating. Now they'd just be wearing the jersey of a hired gun that HAPPENS to be from around here. Which really really really doesn't matter that much to players by and large these days. It was nice to hope that it might give us more of a chance, but in the end, you can't pin your hopes and dreams to local guy because he's a local guy. Or else you spend an awful lot of time on the ledge.

I understand that. It would just be nice for once to win a battle (and the war) against them.

Everyone should keep in mind that bigbird hasn't been optimistic from the start.

This is a downer for sure, but I'm still keeping hope alive.

Everyone should keep in mind that bigbird hasn't been optimistic from the start.

This is a downer for sure, but I'm still keeping hope alive.

Yeah he has been pretty pessimistic.

I'm hoping his guy was fed some false info to throw us off.

Remember MacPhail and Angelos both hate leaks...

Man this is depressing. The ever optimistic Belky wouldn't post something like that unless the news is really bad.

He said that BB didn't get good news, but that doesn't neccessarily mean that this thing is over...

I understand that. It would just be nice for once to win a battle (and the war) against them.

Well, this is a piss poor economic time to do it, but if we actually lived and died by the team enough to ensure that at any given game the crowd was predominantly Orioles fans, the other teams fans couldn't "invade." Visit, yes, no invady.

And I'm just trying to play the calm mediator here, because while I sympathize with a lot of you, I also don't want some of you to get this upset over a negative outcome.

I'd rather Angelos give Tex 10/$250 then seeing the disgusting Red Sox fans sporting his jersey. I think I might just skip every Red Sox / O's game if that happens

Yes my one silver lining is that the O's are probably the worst team to follow during negotiations. AM really seems to hate disclosing any sort of meetings or offers.

That being said, if writers can only base their opinion on offers that they know are out there, there is a chance that this love for Boston is coming out because it's all the writers have to work with.